Saturday 25 June 2016

Chee Cheong Fun & Hainanese Pau At Kedai Kopi & Makanan Yei Lock, Kampar Road.

We have been to Kedai Kopi & Makanan Yei Lock at Kampar Road, Ipoh quite a number of times but I have never posted about the food we have eaten there. We enjoyed the Lenggong fried noodles that are cooked at the back of the shop but today, I am sharing about the Chee Cheong Fun and Hainanese Pau. There are different variety of chee cheong fun. Some with dried shrimp, some are plain, some with yam bean strips and some with preserved veggie.
 We usually mix the ones with dried shrimp and preserved veggie. There is no need for any sauce, just a little bit of oil, soy sauce, and plenty of sesame seeds and crispy fried shallots. And some pickled green chilies to go with the steamed flour noodle.
 For that particular morning, I don't feel like having any noodle. So I bought 2 steamed buns.
 I like this steamed curry chicken bun.
 But this steamed vegetable bun is a bit too dry.

Consider the blameless, observe the upright;
a future awaits those who seek peace.
But all sinners will be destroyed;
there will be no future for the wicked.
(Psalm 37:37-38, New International Version-NIV)
 I think these Yellow flowers are from the Mickey Mouse Bush or Achna Serrulata. If correct me if I am wrong.
 Found this bush outside a church.
 I have been trying to propagate this plant from seeds but so far have been unsuccessful.
 Red flower from the same Mickey Mouse bush.
 A pair of mourning dove on my metal gate.
The orange flowers are my Bauhinia blooms.
 They didn't flew away when our car approached the gate.
 I stayed in the car to snap these photos. When I opened the car door, they flew away.
I found this tiny insect on the way next to my gate. It didn't fly away when I went really near to get this close up shot.

57 comments:

  1. Nancy, your flowers are so pretty. I have not been successful taking shots of birds in my garden. They are too quick for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phong Hong. Not easy for me to take shots of birds too. These are what I can get with my mobile phone camera.

      Delete
  2. I love the flowers and birds on the fence. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Margaret. Have a wonderful weekend too!

      Delete
  3. The Lenggong fried noodles are not bad.. Long time I didn't eat in this place..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the Lenggong noodles. Yes, long time didn't eat the Lenggong noodles.

      Delete
  4. Mickey Mouse Bush is quite the name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom. I like the name because I love to watch Mickey Mouse cartoon.

      Delete
  5. I like to eat steamed paos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whenever I am bored with noodles, I will eat steamed pau.

      Delete
  6. Hello Nancy, lovely flowers and pretty doves. Beautiful photos and post. Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen for hosting Saturday's Critter. Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  7. Oh the food. Oh the food.

    Your flowers and birds are very nice too.

    Have a fabulous day Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Have a fabulous weekend!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful flowers. I love the colors! So deep yellow or orange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jedidja. Have a beautiful weekend!

      Delete
  9. Such pretty flowers, a beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your chee cheung fan looks delicious. Beside flower you are interesting on insect too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Catherine. I am interested in insects too and everything around me.

      Delete
  11. Thank you, Francisco. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you, William. Have a fantastic weekend!

      Delete
  13. The mickey mouse plant is so vibrant! Great to get so close to the insect to photograph it!
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  14. Beautiful shots. The birds and flowers are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rajesh. Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  15. The steamed bun looks amazing, and the yellow flower is so pretty! What a fun day, filled with beauty and good food. Oh, and can you pass me a bite of that bun through the screen??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. Look out! Piping hot steamed buns coming through to you! Lol!

      Delete
  16. Wonderful critters shots ~ love the dove and the macro shot of the insect ~

    Happy Day and Weekend to you ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely post dear! Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear. Have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  18. your flowers are really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  19. The chee cheong fun with a little oil, soy sauce and fried shallots is good enough to make me happy

    Seldom can find curry chicken pau in Singapore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I very scare of insects, when I see them, I must kill them with Baygon, pardon me

      Delete
    2. Hi Libby, curry chicken pau is not common here too. So far I only know of this place.

      Delete
    3. As long as the insect is not inside my house, I will leave them be. Lol!

      Delete
  20. yummy food and pretty blooms...it is fun to see the birds so close up!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie. I was happy to get them so close.

      Delete
  21. Dearest Nancy; I LOVED to see the different style of food from ours♪ Really enjoyed beautiful flowers and pretty doves♡♡♡
    Thank you SO much for your sweet comment for my father's day post.

    Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miyako. Have a beautiful weekend!

      Delete
  22. Hello Nancy,
    The steamed buns look interesting. Have never seen those before.
    The flowers and the birds are lovely and sweet..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margaret. I love steamed buns and they are great anytime of the day. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  23. Thank you, Felicia. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you, Vildana. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely flowers, Nancy...I never heard of a Mickey Mouse bush, either.

    What a name!
    ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear. It is a cute name for a bush plant. Have a great day!

      Delete
  26. The CCF looks like what is marketed as 'Teluk Intan CCF' here. I quite like this style too.

    Hmm haven't found the 'mickey mouse' in those blooms yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Stacy, its called the Teluk Intan CCF. Ha ha! Mickey mouse not showing itself!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...