Friday 20 January 2017

Dinner & Refreshing Cold Desserts At Shun Ming, Jalan Pasir Pinji.

The first evening when we turned up with our friends at Shun Ming, the place was so packed we have to go elsewhere for dinner. My friends don't give up easily. So for the second trip, we make sure we were there early to beat the dinner crowd. It was a Friday evening and we were there before 6 pm. We ordered 3 dishes for 4 people.
Pig's Trotter with salted fish in clay pot.
Steamed Red Tilapia with spicy and savoury sauce.
The fish swimming in the sauce.
Ahhh...the shot taken from this angle looks better.
Stir fried Romaine Lettuce (yau mak) in fermented bean curd.
We made a mistake by ordering these cold desserts too early. We should have order after we finished our dinner. We have to hurriedly finish our dinner before the ice cream and ice shaving started to melt.
Our friend wanted to taste the Ice Kacang.
I have tasted this before and I know this is good. We ordered one to share.
The portion is big and enough for 4 people to share. It is loaded with different types of fruits. Now my friends preferred Mixed Fruit Ice to the Ice Kacang.
*     *     *     *     *
The following sunrise photos are for joining Skywatch Friday.
Photo #1 - Sunrise shots taken at about 7 am.
Photo #2
Photo #3
Linking to Skywatch Friday.

Hallelujah! O servants of Jehovah, praise his name.
Blessed is his name forever and forever.
Praise him from sunrise to sunset!
For he is high above the nations;
his glory is far greater than the heavens.
(Psalm 113:1-4, The Living Bible-TLB)

42 comments:

  1. ...always eat your dessert first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sir! I must remember to eat my dessert first..Lol! Have a beautiful day, Tom!

      Delete
  2. I loves the fish and the ice cream on the dessert...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. I also like the fish and the dessert.

      Delete
  3. nice sky and good food,have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those deserts really looked tempting, I could eat some of that now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mamas. I always look out for the desserts.

      Delete
  5. Those desserts look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magnificent sky shots for Friday ~ thanks ~ yummy food!

    Wishing you a Happy Weekend ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the food. My goodness. My mouth is watering now. You eat so very well.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. It was a good dinner. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  8. The food and that sky - what more can one ask for? Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful sky shots, and the food looks so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those desserts look great even if the melted a bit! Love the sky shots. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. The fish looks good but the ice cream even better😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ola. Both are delicious. Have a good day!

      Delete
  12. Lovely post dear! Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beauty. Have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  13. desserts look so amazing and yummy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gosia. They are very yummy and delicious!

      Delete
  14. Oh my....the desserts looks so tempting! Definitely should finish them first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We made a mistake. We should have order after our dinner.

      Delete
  15. The sunrise is beautiful. And what a perfect day, topped off with this gorgeous fruit ice dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, I love those skies and the pastel colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. COOL BLOG! <3

    Come to my blog: roxyolsen.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would like to try the Mixed Fruit Ice but I like the look of Ice Kacang better, not so colourful. During meals, I often eat the Ice desserts first because if I eat the main dishes first then I would not have any space in my stomach for the ice desserts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We thought the ice desserts would come before the dinner is served but it came later so we have to rush through our dinner. Lol!

      Delete
  19. Agree that desserts are fine either before or after the meal. DURING is a bad time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friends and I agreed that next time we wait till we are almost finishing our dinner. Then only order the desserts. At least we get to take our time to enjoy our dinner. Lol!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...