Thursday 30 March 2017

Dinner Before Church At O-Cafe, Canning Garden, Ipoh.

It was a Saturday and most Saturdays, we attended the evening's church worship service. We had a friend with us and we wanted to eat something different from the usual hawker food. O Cafe came to my mind and when I suggested the place, everyone agreed because we have not been there for a long time. It is a nice and cosy place serving home cooked food. Food is nice and taste wise, is to our liking. Since the food portion is small, we can order more to taste and share.
Spicy and savoury brinjal or eggplant with minced meat.
Four angled beans or winged beans with spicy prawn paste.
Drunken chicken soup.
Looking at these 2 dishes increased my appetite!
We couldn't stop at 3 dishes, so we added a stewed sweet sour pork rib.
Altogether 4 dishes for 3 people.
3 plates of healthy organic rice.
Total cost of dinner including plain water - MYR 53.60
If you want some sweet dessert e.g. cakes and jellies, they have them too.
Free to take a shot as no customers seated here yet.
Entrance through the glass door on the left.
O Cafe, No. 2, Jalan Raja Kam, Canning Garden, Ipoh.
Concrete and wooden fencing around the cafe.
The evening sky at 7.30 pm was still bright and clear.

Linking to Good Fences.

But we Christians have no veil over our faces;
we can be mirrors that brightly reflect the glory of the Lord.
And as the Spirit of the Lord works within us,
we become more and more like him.
(2 Corinthians 3:18, The Living Bible-TLB)

42 comments:

  1. Love every single dish! Those angled beans are new to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie. The angled beans are crunchy and nice to eat. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  2. Very flavourful dishes. Can eat many bowls of rice with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. I have to restrain myself from asking for 2nd rice helping. Lol!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Francisco. Have a fantastic day!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. And a very homely place serving home cooked dishes. Have a happy day!

      Delete
  5. So interesting and tasty ) Thanks for sharing!
    http://beyoutiful.com.ua

    ReplyDelete
  6. That last shot is my favourite, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a feast. Oh my, I would love to dine there.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. It is a very homely place.

      Delete
  8. I love egg plant, that reminds me I have one in the fridge :-) Cheers Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane, we love eggplants too! Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  9. There is lots to see here, and I would love to walk around and look. I like that pink door. Is your main service Sunday morning? Are they both the same service?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. This church holds both Sat evening and Sun morning services.

      Delete
  10. Good food to share is a great joy!
    Nice photos outdoors also!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like Brinjal with minced meat, very flavourful, I don't think I will like the taste of the angled beans from the look of it

    The interior looks so homely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Libby, some people may not like the angled beans but I enjoy it because it is very crunchy. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  12. Such a nice place they have, and the food looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. This is a residential house converted to into a eatery and it has a homely ambiance. Have a nice day!

      Delete
  13. Ooo. They serve organic rice. That is healthy. The dishes looked good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. yes, they serve organic rice. Healthy, home cooking.

      Delete
  14. I like the drunker chicken soup, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. That is one of my favourite.

      Delete
  15. I always find it interesting to see the interiors of where you eat. This place is appealing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The place is quite small but very homely and quiet.

      Delete
  16. I've noticed it seems to be staying lighter a little longer. Getting closer to summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, the days seem longer. Have a great day!

      Delete
  17. Oh, it's a house! It piqued my interest and I googled for more info. Food looks good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, its a house, Stacy. The food is good and price reasonable.

      Delete
  18. It's been ages since I've eaten it, despite this being in my vicinity. Must go there again soon, after salivating at your pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good to come back once in a while to appreciate the tasty home cooked dishes especially the drunken chicken soup.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...