Wednesday 20 September 2017

My Cameron Highlands Red Amaryllis Is Blooming.

On the first day of our recent Cameron Highlands trip, I bought a baby Red Amaryllis plant for only MYR 5. I already have the local Red Amaryllis in my garden but the flowers are smaller in size compared to the ones I bought from the highlands.
This is the Red Amaryllis that I bought in Cameron Highlands.
I left it alone for a few days to adjust to the lowland temperature before I transplanted it into a bigger pot.
My new Red Amaryllis plant with its first flower stalk.
From a small pot, I transferred it into a big shallow pot with good drainage soil. I water it once in every 2 to 3 days.
The appearing of the first two flowers.
I placed the pot away from direct sunlight.
The unfolding of the first two blooms.
First full bloom of my Cameron Highlands Red Amaryllis.
Followed by the second bloom.
With the morning sun shining on it, colour of the flowers tends to be more orange than red.
The flowers look so tall and elegant, held high on its tall stalk.
Can you see the difference between the Cameron Highland red Amaryllis (top picture) and the local red Amaryllis (bottom 2 pictures)? The petals from the C.Highlands Red Amaryllis are rounder and broader. The local flowers petals from my own garden are more tapered and slimmer. 
Three full blooms, one more to go.
I can't help but admire this beautiful flowers.

Linking to Floral Bliss.

Everyone admires a man with good sense,
but a man with a warped mind is despised.
(Proverbs 12:8, The Living Bible-TLB)

62 comments:

  1. It is amazingly gorgeous! You have done it again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your red amaryllis with white stripes is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a vibrant red colour! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful plant, the flowers are stunning and the vibrant colour a joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mamas. It is a joy to see the flowers in full bloom!

      Delete
  5. It is a real beauty! Well done Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine. I am so happy with the plant.

      Delete
  6. ...you sure have a way with plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom. The reward is worth the trouble.

      Delete
  7. Nancy, I am in love with your Red Amaryllis! You are a wonderful gardener :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phong Hong. I hope it will grow well under my care.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for letting us enjoy the Cameron’s red amaryllis and it’s really amazing checking its bloom. I have seen plants thrive well in mountains producing betters flowers than one bloom in plains. Lovely series

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeevan. You are very encouraging. I hope it will grow and bloom in my garden.

      Delete
  9. Your garden is indeed very beautiful now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Claire. It is because of this bright red flowers!

      Delete
  10. Beautiful. You have been rewarded by the way you care for your new amaryllis as it looks happy outside with your other plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear. I hope it will stay happy in my garden.

      Delete
  11. Very beautiful flowers

    By the way, I saw Han's is selling smoked duck quiche, I am going to try it tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby. I hope you enjoy the smoked duck quiche!

      Delete
  12. I beautiful colors just jumped right off the page. Your photography is beautiful.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a difference when it is in full bloom.
    Wonders of nature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a "wow" when in full bloom! Have a wonderful day, dear!

      Delete
  14. I love Amaryllis. I have no idea why I have not got any here as they grow well enough! Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. Time to go get one for your beautiful garden!

      Delete
  15. So pretty, i'm glad they bloomed for you so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. I hope the plant remains happy!

      Delete
  16. the red Amaryllis looks awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  17. How absolutely gorgeous, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I enjoyed the progress of your amaryllis Nancy. It is a real beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you, Francisco. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The highland ones are also nice because of the contrast with the white centres.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a beautiful flower, Nancy! I can't help but admire the leafy plants behind too :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Nancy! I've been searching to buy an amaryllis flower without having to bloom it the way you did. Any chances that they sold bloomed amaryllis flowers at Cameron highlands?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I really don't know about the flowers. But if you want the plants, then you can get them in Cameron.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...