Thursday 19 October 2017

Delicious Bak Kut Teh On A Cold, Wet Evening

So far hubby and I have tasted some delicious Bak Kut Teh (pork rib soup boiled with dried Chinese herbs and spices) in town and also one in Canning Garden. On one of the rainy evenings our friends invited us to join them for a Bak Kut Teh dinner in Bercham which we have not tried before. That evening happened to be pouring cats and dogs. It was fortunate that there is basement parking so we didn't have to get wet getting out of the car to get to the restaurant.

We believe that Bak Kut Teh is good for keeping the body warm on a cold, wet evening. Plus the regulars will take advantage of the basement parking to avoid getting wet. Service was quite fast in spite of the crowd and after about 10 to 15 minutes of waiting, we were served with the following dishes.
Top Left - Bak Kut Teh (pork rib herbal soup)
Top Right - Bak Kut Teh (dry version)
Bottom Left - Fish head curry
Bottom right - Blanched lettuce with garlic oil
Close up of the Bak Kut Teh (top up soup no addition charge).
Close up of Bak Kut Teh (dry version).
Fish Head curry
Blanched lettuce.
We ordered from the set menu and added a pot of Bak Kut Teh (dry version).
This is the back door - we were seated behind the restaurant.
Decorations inside the restaurant.
Set menu
Front entrance of Restoran Good Taste Chef Ipoh.
Ipoh Town L8-G & 9-G, Glamour Square,
Persiaran Bercham Selatan 20, Taman Bercham Jaya, Bercham.
*     *     *     *     *
The following photos are for joining Good Fences.
High fence.
Church fence.
Linking to Good Fences.

No, I don't need your sacrifices of flesh and blood.
What I want from you is your thanks; I want your promises fulfilled.
I want you to trust me in your times of trouble,
so I can rescue you and you can give me glory.
(Psalm 50:13-15, The Living Bible-TLB)

52 comments:

  1. I had two very delicious meals at the mall today and now that I am reading about your BKT meal, I suddenly feel hungry again LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks very flavourful and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love piping warm bkt on cold evening. The curry fish looked good too. I like the lettuces too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On a cold evening, everything will taste good! Lol!

      Delete
  4. So nice to have a hot meal on a cold night. The high fence reminds me of the ones around the tennis court near here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The high fence is around a basket ball court beside the main road.

      Delete
  5. Definitely the best foods to eat for rainy evenings! Some more all served hot in claypots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We enjoy a hearty stew on cold evenings. Good food and dry parking makes for a good evening!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not tried dry version of BKT before

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both version are good to go with white rice!

      Delete
  8. Lovely plates, Nancy. I love the lettuce and garlic! Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The food does look very warming. It has such a pretty entrance, and I like the cheerful lanterns.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your food always looks interesting as it is so different to ours. Have a good day Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. As usual very interesting! Have a nice day)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love a hearty stew and your choice looks perfect for a wet evening.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the post. I liked the restaurant photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nancy, so yummy! I have a love affair with all things BKT. We need to go out on a makan date one day ..lol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great comfort food for a wet day!

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...