Wednesday 22 November 2017

Growing Yellow Cherry Tomatoes In My Garden

I was in the supermarket and I saw some yellow cherry tomatoes on the shelves. They look fresh and I bought a packet. I ate some of the tomatoes and left some behind and kept them in the fridge. I have totally forgotten about the tomatoes.
 When I found these tomatoes, they were all wrinkled. So instead of throwing them away, I decided to grow some tomato plants. These yellow cherry tomatoes are different from the grape tomatoes that I have grown earlier and which I have posted here if you wish to read about. These are bigger than the grape tomatoes.
 I chose 2 of the biggest and healthiest plants to grow in this pot. But due to the hot and dry weather, the tomato plants were not doing well.
 They look rather undernourished possibly due to insufficient fertilizer. It was hot and I was not spending much time in the garden. It did bear a few fruits.
 It didn't bear as much fruits as my previous tomato plants.  
Just waiting for these tomatoes to ripen before plucking them off the plant.
 These are some of the fruits I harvested.
 The tomato plants were later infested with the mealy bugs and it was too late to save the plants. I quickly got rid of the tomatoes plants before the bugs spread to the surrounding plants.
*     *     *     *     *
The following photos taken in Cameron Highlands are for joining Floral Bliss.
Photo #1
 Photo #2
 Photo #3
 Photo #4
 Photo #5
 Photo #6
 Photo #7
Photo #8
I found this cute wild flowers growing by the roadside. 

Linking to Floral Bliss.

Let your roots grow down into him and
draw up nourishment from him.
See that you go on growing in the Lord,
and become strong and vigorous in the truth you were taught.
Let your lives overflow with joy and
thanksgiving for all he has done.
(Colossians 2:7, The Living Bible-TLB)

58 comments:

  1. I tried to grow the red tomato cherries but not successful. I love tomato cherries. I eat it like that or in my salad.

    Hope to give it a try at growing again. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also eat them raw. Give it another try, hope you will succeed!

      Delete
  2. The blue flowers, and the frilly red and orange ones are my favorite. I would have never thought of planting the tomatoes!! That was a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny! I love to try planting new things!

      Delete
  3. Cool! You are an excellent gardener, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie. I love to grow new things.

      Delete
  4. WOW! What a chain of reproduction of this cherry tomatoes. I have not seen yellow color tomatoes. They look cute and colorful:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear! Yellow tomatoes taste better too!

      Delete
  5. Your flowers are so interesting and different from ours. The first and pale blue look very pretty, and the last purple one resembles Verbena bonariensis...
    Anyway - have a lovely day Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did well to plant the yellow tomatoes from the wrinkled tomatoes. You can always plant them again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. It was great to harvest our own home grown tomatoes.

      Delete
  7. You most certainly have green fingers Nancy. You seem to have an art of growing anything.
    Your flowers are truly beautiful.
    Have an amazing day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Prunella! I enjoy growing new things! Have an amazing day too!

      Delete
  8. That was so nice of you not to throw the wrinkled tomatoes and planted them,at least you got some tomatoes to harvest.I have heard spraying a mix of garlic and pepper helps from the attack of insects and bugs,not very sure ok :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear for the tips. I will use your tips and try it on my other plants. Have a great day!

      Delete
  9. I have a few tomato plants in my garden too. They grew from the compost. The only thing I find inconvenient is that the plant is floppy and needs support.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they need support to hold up their branches.

      Delete
  10. ...tomatoes sure do come in so many colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom! I have not seen all the colours!

      Delete
  11. Olá Nancy, aqui pelo sítio ao redor dos tomates
    faço como você. Adoro tomates.
    A foto 03 aqui no Brasil se chama Tumbérgia Azul, tenho muitos metros
    dessa cerca viva no sítio, é muito linda sua floração.
    Também gosto de Margaridas.
    Continuação de boa semana.
    Abraços.
    janicce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janicce! Have a beautiful day! Hugs!

      Delete
  12. You have the most amazing green thumb. I'm impressed.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your flower shots are quite cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I grew yellow ones a couple of years ago, they are very tasty. Keep well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Are the blue flowers in photo #3 orchids?

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a great use of old tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just thought I didn't want to waste the seeds.

      Delete
  17. I would love to have about a dozen of those tomatoes! YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose! I would love to have that much of harvest!

      Delete
  18. The tomatoes are so cute. I plan to start a few plants of these.

    ReplyDelete
  19. There's nothing quite like home grown tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Interesting post dear! thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. As usual great post! Thanks a lot for sharing)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Las flores son preciosas y los tomates también. Un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely tomatoes - and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  24. what a great idea to use the seeds to grow your own! now following you - on G+ and your blog

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...