Wednesday 13 December 2017

My Garden Basil Grown From Seeds

The first batch of Basil plants in my garden were all grown from cuttings. I used to grow a few types of Basil including the Sweet Basil. My son only uses the Sweet Basil for his cooking but not the Thai Basil or other Basil that has very strong smell. I don't use Basil leaves for cooking because hubby doesn't like any kind of Basil. I also gave up growing Basil but somehow, I kept one pot growing in my garden to bless my friends.
The above is the only remaining pot of Basil from the earlier batch. Usually I will cut off the flowers to encourage more leaves and this round I discarded the flowers onto 2 pots, hoping to get rid of the tiny snails that were eating my leafy green vegetables.
And these are the Basil plants that sprouted from the discarded flower seeds that I scattered onto these 2 flower pots.
Last week, before meeting my friend for breakfast, I cut some Basil leaves for her.
All cut and nicely wrapped and packed to give my friend but then I forgot all about it. I left it on my dining table. I finally get to pass a fresh bunch of basil to her when she dropped by one day.
*     *     *     *     *
The following photos are for joining Floral Bliss.
 I took these photos on our previous visit to Fraser's Hill.
#1
 #2
#3
Linking to Floral Bliss

And why worry about your clothes? Look at the field lilies!
They don't worry about theirs.
Yet King Solomon in all his glory are not clothed as
beautifully as they.
(Matthew 6:28-29, The Living Bible-TLB)

37 comments:

  1. I grow also basil, the ordinary Genovese type, not the spicy ones. Oh how pretty those flowers are - bougainvillea and amaryllis! Wishing you a lovely day Nancy <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to eat all types of Basil. Your friend is so blessed to have fresh basil leaves given to her by you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my basil plants all died on me, I was pretty desperate to regrow them. Tried planting flower stalks I'd saved from old plants, no deal. Tried to pinch flowers off plants in the supermarket, didn't grow. Ended up buying a plant from the nursery.

    And now that I have a thriving plant, not cooking with it hehe. Kids and hubby don't like the strong smell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too don't cook basil because hubby doesn't like it.

      Delete
  4. Such bright red colour of your flowers! Beautiful!

    Your basil leaves look so green, fresh and nicely packed for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You basil are really so healthy and beautiful! Mine are doing quite OK, grown from seeds my dad brought all the way from Terengganu.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your basil is doing brilliantly. The bougainvillea and amaryllis flowers are beautiful.
    Have a wonderful Christmas Nancy and a very Happy New Year. See you again in 2018!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Prunella! Have a blessed Christmas and Happy new year too!

      Delete
  7. Love your basil plants...so healthy and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...your garden is always a joy to see.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me encanta la albahaca,las flores se ven muy lindas. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous green thumb. Beautiful colors. Beautiful garden.

    Have a wonderful day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Then you won't have to mess with dirt and go under the hot sun. Lol!

      Delete
  12. Pretty flowers, and you could grow basil and give it to friends each year as gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish I had green fingers, can do gardening...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sure you get a sense of accomplishment by growing your own herbs! The flowers are great to see, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bettyl! It is so rewarding to see the herbs grow.

      Delete
  15. They all look so healthy. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow! love the basil plants they are so healthy..

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...