Saturday 23 June 2018

Hearty Dinner At The Spice Kitchen Restaurant, Johor Bahru.

On the second evening, our friends took us to The Spice Kitchen restaurant which serves Indian Chinese and Indian Thai cuisine. It is a popular restaurant where customers have to wait to be seated. After waiting for some time, we were led to a table for 5 people. I don't know the exact name for the dishes but I will share the photos of what we ate for dinner that evening.
A spread of Indian Chinese, Indian Thai cuisine.
 Chicken dish
Another Chicken dish 
 Fruitie Indian bread
Cheese Naan
 Garlic Naan
Spicy and sour soup (veggie, mushrooms, etc.)
A dish with potatoes
A creamy curry dish
I think this is mutton curry
A spinach with cheese cream, etc.
We had sky juice filled in this glass with handle.
Thanks to our friends for this delicious dinner.
*     *     *     *     *
The following photos are for joining Saturday's Critters.
 This photo was captured by a friend who stopped beside this motorcyclist at a traffic light junction. Can you see the big lizard riding on the shoulder of the motorcyclist?
 Can you see this lizard relaxing on my Jambu or Guava branch?
 Then it came to pose for me! Just look at the long tail! 
It even waited for me to snap a close up.
So proud to show off itself!

Linking to Saturday's Critters.

For what is it we live for, that gives us hope and joy
and is our proud reward and crown? It is you!
Yes, you will bring so much joy as we stand together
before our Lord Jesus Christ when he comes back again.
(1 Thessalonians 2:19, The Living Bible-TLB)

50 comments:

  1. I like spicy Indian cuisine and the dishes you had suits me fine! Oh, that lizard looks familiar. I saw one in my garden too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lizard is quite common and can be found in most gardens.

      Delete
  2. They all look so GOOD and moreish, Nancy. Indian flatbreads are just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous array of foods. The lizard is a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm, curry! Every once in so often i get a taste for curry.

    Those are great lizard pics, and i want to know how the man trained his iguana (i think it's an iguana) to ride with him that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too wondered how the iguana was trained to ride on his shoulder. I will freak out if I see this myself!

      Delete
  5. ...yummy food and interesting lizards, neat to see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, the food all looks yummy! I love all the lizards. It is neat seeing one riding as a passenger on the motorcycle. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. I appreciate your visit and comment too. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The food looks delish. Cute lizard but would be a little shocked seeing on at a stop light on someone's back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I would be too shocked too to think of snapping a photo!

      Delete
  8. Oh my what a feast. I would have loved to try each of these dishes. Fabulous feast.

    Love that lizard going for a ride with dad.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee! I am glad I got to try a bit of everything!

      Delete
  9. I wonder what the police would do to suddenly come up to this scene at a red light?
    Good looking food Nancy, See ya.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe the police will ask for a license or be frightened off by the lizard! Lol!

      Delete
  10. The food must be so tasty and flavourful. Ah, you have your own lizard. Will you be keeping it as a pet and letting it ride on your shoulder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! No thanks, Mun! I am scared of lizards. Taking photos is okay, as long as it is not too near me!

      Delete
  11. I love Indian cuisine! All the food look tempting especially the curry and the dish with potatoes.

    If I saw the lizard, I would run far far away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am quite ok with the garden lizard but not the big one riding on the motorcyclist shoulder!

      Delete
  12. Great place to have dinner

    ReplyDelete
  13. The food really does look incredible! I would want you to order for me! Love your little critter too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks spicy and delicious!
    I`m your new subscriber in Google+ and GFC
    Follow back? Sunny Eri: beauty experience

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just the name Spice Kitchen attracts me. That lizard is fabulous and well done on getting such a great shot. Happy week Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the post) sounds really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Me eat Indian foods, but not into Indian foods...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nancy, the food looks so yummy. I love Indian food and am especially excited since this one comes with a bit of chinese or thai twist!

    That lizard's tail is impressively loooOooong ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just look at that long elegant creature.

    ReplyDelete
  20. El lagarto me encanta. Feliz semana. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  21. El lagarto es bonito. Buena tarde.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The food looks good indeed. I won't normally choose Indian food, but I will enjoy it if brought by someone.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...