Tuesday 22 October 2019

Lunch At Restoran J.J. Fatt, Lawan Kuda, Gopeng

Our next stop after breakfast at Restoran He Ping Xiao Shi in Brinchang, Cameron Highlands was at Kea Farm. Our purpose was to get some vegetables for home use or as gifts for our neighbours. 
Nice view from Kea Farm, Cameron Highland.
White clouds and blue sky
It looked like it will rain soon.
We are now in the midst of the northeast monsoon season, and we decided to start our journey home early before the rain started.
Daikon or white radish from Cameron Highlands.
No, we didn't buy this because I have this growing in my garden.
We bought some local grown beans and asparagus to take home.
*     *     *     *     *
We reached the lowlands about 1:00 pm and stop for lunch at Restoran J. J. Fatt, Lawan Kuda, Gopeng.
Stir fried fern heads or paku pakis with spicy prawn paste.
Roast pork with leek.
We ordered snakehead fish (sang yu).
The flesh used for stir frying with ginger slices and spring onions.
And the bony parts of the fish used for boiling herbal soup with wine added.
We came across this Vespa bike during one of our early morning walks at The Quintet.
Thank God for His protection and journey mercy to and fro for our 3D2N holiday in Cameron Highlands.

Linking to Happy Tuesday, Image-in-ing & Tuesday's Treasures.

We live within the shadow of the Almighty,
sheltered by the God who is above all gods.
This I declare, that he alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
he is my God, and I am trusting him.
For he rescues you from every trap and
protects you from the fatal plague...
(Psalm 91:1-3, The Living Bible-TLB)

34 comments:

  1. Beautiful views and the dishes look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so CH is growing their own asparagus. Normally I just buy strawberries from CH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These days I seldom buy strawberries. If buy, just to eat there, not for taking home because can't keep too long.

      Delete
  3. ...a Vespa is a thing of beauty! I rarely see them here, but in Maui they are popular. Thanks Nancy for stopping by, I hope that your week is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a surprise to see these Vespa. I didn't know they are still around.

      Delete
  4. Those are some wondeful views!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful place and that meal looks fabulous. It made my stomach growl.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. These views of the buildings and the mountains are fantastic!! I have seen jigsaw puzzles that look like this. All these buildings...are they apartments, homes, or what?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonito paseo matinal Nancy, el lugar y las fotos son precioso. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't recall the last time I've seen a Vespa here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice scenery and good food :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had a good outing, we must continue to do these short trips.. very refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The vespa bike is very vintage. I miss cameron highlands but i am scare of the winding road up the highlands from sg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't use the old road, the new road is not so winding.

      Delete
  12. Pyszne jedzenie i przyjaciele to wspaniała rzecz :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. El cielo se ve bonito. Un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was a good time, i can tell just from your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so what vegetables did you get from Kea farm? That daikon would have impressed me with its freshness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought some fresh red chilies, French beans and Cameron carrots, just enough for my home cooking. Come to think of it, I should get some of the daikon to make daikon cake.

      Delete
  16. Fascinating shots!
    Thanks for sharing with us this week at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2019/10/toothless-carnivores.html

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...