Friday 20 March 2020

Bukit Merah Prawn Noodle Breakfast On A Saturday Morning

Today is the 3rd day of the Movement Control Order. No more early morning walk at the park since we have to avoid public place during this period. If we have to go out, it is only to buy whatever food or essential items and quickly return to the safety of our home. This morning I went to withdraw some money from the ATM machine at a bank, went to the supermarket to get some chicken, cooking oil and etc. Thank God, there is plenty of foodstuff except that eggs and bread were sold out. Hope there will be new supply by tomorrow.
Morning sky @ 6:35 am - an old photo.
*     *     *     *     *
Today I am sharing photos of our breakfast taken a week before the enforcement of the Movement Control Order.
 Our breakfast venue - Restoran Lou Fa Fa Lou (6886) in Menglembu.
 This place is known for its Bukit Merah Prawn noodles.
 Stuffed items or yong tau foo items if you wish to add on to your noodles.
 Hubby's unsweetened black coffee. I ordered unsweetened coffee with evaporated milk (kopi c kosong). 
 We ordered 4 bowls of prawn noodle for 4 people. Hubby don't eat hard boil egg, so I ended up eating 2 halves hard boiled egg.
Dendrobium Anosmum orchid flower from my garden. Can you see the water droplets hanging from its petals? The colour of the flower is pale, but it is pretty.


The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
(Psalm 23:1-4, New International Version-NIV)

50 comments:

  1. Cool dishes and lovely orchid!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, wonderful meal, I love the verse for this time.
    Stay safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here things are bought soon as they are on the shelf....certain things...we are trying to stay in as much as possible, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank God the empty shelves in the supermarkets are quickly filled up to meet the needs of their customers. The eggs, bread, meat and most perishable are fresh because they do not have the chance to stay long on the shelves for long before being snatched up

      Delete
  4. so so cool dishes- cause of this corona virus is difficult to buy some kind of food ... I love this psalm in the end - it's my favorite one

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow those prawns!! I am seriously drooling...

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes I can see the water droplets. The prawns look good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sky and clouds looks amazing. Thank you for sharing.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/03/kerastase-resistance-masque_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pale orchid is beautiful Nancy! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful orchid and what you eat there!
    The psalm now fits in this uncertain time!
    take care of yourself, Elke

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...are restaurants still open, in Hawaii most have closed their doors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its the same over here. Only a few restaurants are open for take away only.

      Delete
  11. That menu on the wall of the restaurant would be incomprehensible for me to read as the language is foreign. But, it seems you had a good time there. I like that photo of the orchid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only understand English and a bit of Chinese enjoy to order my food.

      Delete
  12. Yummy on all that food. We are home and staying there. We're hoping we can resume normal life soon. As we all do.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Nancy. Stay well. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Staying home full time needs getting used to. So far I am still fully occupied. Stay safe.

      Delete
  13. Hola Nancy, preciosas fotos. Feliz cambio de estación y que todo vaya bien para ti y tu familia. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The prawns are arranged so beautifully! Here, the seniors are advised to not even go to the grocery stores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If possible, let the younger ones do the shopping. We have to do it ourselves as our sons have to stay where they are.

      Delete
  15. Mmmmm those prawns look fantastic. Stay safe Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful orchid, and the foods are so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a delicious way to start the day. Hope you're staying safe over there

    Sxx
    daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sonia. Staying home and keeping safe.

      Delete
  18. The prawn noodles look good. The pale orchid looks like a dancing lady with a skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby. I had a deeper purple orchid but it died.

      Delete
  19. La orquídea es preciosa. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much for posting your cheerful pictures, especially of the flowers.

    My hope is you will be able to get bread and eggs soon, also that you can go to the restaurant and order take-away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. Bread and eggs are available now. Take away is also available to those who need to.

      Delete
  21. Stay safe! They took the trouble to arrange those prawns so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy. The prawns arrangement is the main attraction.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...