Thursday 30 March 2023

2nd Chemo In A New Environment

On the 28th March, hubby drove me to the public or government hospital for my pre-chemo blood test. We reached the hospital before 8am and I went in on my own as parking was not available. When I turned the corner to the registration counter, there was a big crowd. The crowd consisted of people waiting at the eye clinic and the pharmacy. The number given to me was 1089 and that means there were 80 people ahead of me.

Sunrise on 15th March, 2023.

I took a seat and waited patiently for my turn. Waiting time plus taking of blood took about 50 minutes. I rested for a while and then called hubby to pick me up. 
Yellow and green coleus.

The next morning 29th March, 6:15am, we drove to the hospital. At that hour there is no problem with parking. I was told to present myself at 7am to register at the chemo day care ward. Since it was my 1st time there, I was treated as a new case. I was assigned a bed to rest while waiting for the doctor to do her round and to review the cases.
Angled loofah

The chemo process started at about 11:15am and the whole thing took about 3 hours plus (complete almost 3pm+). Thank God, I was prepared with breakfast, some cookies and drinking water in case I got hungry). All in, I was in the hospital for almost 9 hours and thank God, hubby was there the whole time. He was needed to do some running around to make photocopies of my pension card, identity card, collecting of medication from the pharmacy and etc.
Belimbing buluh

After leaving the hospital, we drove to Ipoh to get our late lunch at a quiet restaurant. Hubby ordered beef rice and I ordered grouper fish porridge. The bowl of porridge was big and I only managed to eat half. I requested for take-away or "tapau" the remaining half of the porridge for dinner. For dinner, hubby went out to take-away fried rice for himself.

My next blood test will be on the 18th April and chemo will be on the 19th April. There will be a change of chemo drug and I will be have to warded for the administration of the chemo. Will update when the time comes.

I want to say that God is good to me all the time and I know He loves me and provides for all my needs in many ways and through people around me. My heart is filled with thankfulness and gratefulness to my Heavenly Father.
My Heart Is Filled With Thankfulness
by Keith & Kristyn Getty.

Lyrics
My heart is filled with thankfulness
To Him who bore my pain;
Who plumbed the depths of my disgrace
And gave me life again;
Who crushed my curse of sinfulness
And clothed me in His light
And wrote His law of righteousness
With pow'r upon my heart.

My heart is filled with thankfulness
To Him who walks beside;
Who floods my weaknesses with strength
And causes fears to fly;
Whose ev'ry promise is enough
For ev'ry step I take,
Sustaining me with arms of love
and crowning me with grace.

My heart is filled with thankfulness
To him who reigns above,
Whose wisdom is my perfect peace,
Whose ev'ry thought is love.
For ev'ry day I have on earth
Is given by the King;
So I will give my life, my all,
To love and follow him.
Peace lilies

46 comments:

  1. Glad that things are going on all right, God be with you through all this. I can't stand hospitals - such depressing places but I guess there will come a time in our lives when we will have to face such places, like it or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, STP. Compared to other wards, this chemo day care is not depressing. The nurses there are very nice, cheerful and very helpful.

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry you are having to go through all this, and I pray that all will be well with you. I am glad that your faith and your good and loyal husband help you, too! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I wish you my best as you go through your treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs, I wish you all the best. So far it sounds all helpful and working.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you all the best , thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure there will be tough times ahead, Nancy, but all your friends around the world will be with you in spirit. With my best wishes - David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, David and also thankful to all my friends who are praying for me in spirit. I am taking it one step at a time.

      Delete
  7. Your experience reminded me of my late father-in-law. He had underwent blood test, chemo etc for his cancer. Twice some more. Really tough time but now he is in a happier and better place with no pain. God bless you, Nancy. And thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. There will come a time when one has to go through whatever life throws at us.

      Delete
  8. Being able to be thankful is a blessing. I thank God everyday. You are strong mentally Nancy and I admire you for it! May God bless you always! 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad that 2nd Chemo in a different hospital went well too..these days hospitals are usually packed. Patience is for sure required. Fingers crossed for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie. Here, the place is not crowded, in fact the ward is only half full.

      Delete
  10. glad to hear that all went smooth and u have a trusted husband who helped u around with the paperwork and chauffeuring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nux. I am blessed to have around to help out.

      Delete
  11. What an ordeal! I am glad hubby was there for you. As we all are, Nancy, in spirit. Take care, my friend, and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gigi. Take care and God bless you too.

      Delete
  12. I am so thankful that you have such a caring husband! I hope you stay feeling well after the chemo!! Blessings to you, Nancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your husband is a jewel, Nancy. I pray for you daily and I know God is walking with you through this issue. Thanks for keeping us updated.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous day and rest of the week. Love and hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee for your prayers. Love and hugs. Happy weekend.

      Delete
  14. I have been silently following your post since 2015. I wish you all the best. May your days blessed with courage and calmness. Much love and hugs from me to you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Nancy, I am glad that everything is well with the treatment. Sometimes we think that in other parts of the world things are resolved faster but we are wrong. The same thing happens here: hours of waiting or days to get care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These days, we all have to wait for almost everything. Sometimes, the waiting will be shorter but sometimes it can take up a lot of time.

      Delete
  16. Great lyrics! It's your faith in God that will give you the strength to successfully go through treatment. Gorgeous coleas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. May God be with you throughout this whole journey, keep your heart light and carry you in his loving embrace. So much love your way to you and your husband as you both work together through this very trying and tiring time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Skwermy. I am taking one day at a time to go through this tiring time.

      Delete
  18. Chemo sounds grueling. I am very glad that you have your husband to support you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yogi. I am blessed to have him as my pillar of support.

      Delete
  19. I'm glad your husband was there, and i will continue to pray for your healing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. I appreciate your prayers.

      Delete
  20. Esperó que estés mejor. Y rezo que todo salga bien. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Praying God continues to give you peace throughout this whole experience.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Do equip yourself with snacks and drinks for the hospital. Can nibble on them when you get bored.
    Lovely pictures of your garden there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the snacks will come in useful whenever I am hungry in between meals.

      Delete
  23. I'm glad that the second chemo went well, and your husband is a great support to you.
    Julia x
    https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...