Monday 27 March 2023

Hiring A Part Time Maid To Clean Our House

From the day I was discharged from hospital, hubby has taken over the role of marketing, cooking, laundry, keeping the house clean, etc. It is not easy and can be stressful for him. To help lessen the work load and stress on hubby, I got a part-time maid through an agency which a friend recommended. The rate for a 4 hours job is RM70. I called the agency on Friday and a date was fixed for Saturday afternoon after lunch for the part-time maid to come to my house. Meanwhile, I prayed for a good maid who will do a good job.

Since it is our first time hiring a part-time maid, I didn't know what to expect. Come Saturday afternoon, the maid arrived at our house and I can see that she is very experienced in her job. There wasn't much talking, I only managed to ask her name. Straight away, she got down to her job. If she needed anything, hubby was there to help her. I went to my room to rest and also to get out of her way. She wiped all the windows, clean the ceiling fan and standing fans, table tops and surfaces, wash the toilet and bathroom. Ours is a single-storey house with 3 bedrooms + 1 room converted to a store room. 

She finished all the work in less than 4 hours and asked if there is anything that we want her to clean. We let her off half an hour earlier. We are not fussy and we are happy and satisfied with her performance and we will be requesting for the same maid in 2 weeks time. Alternate week, hubby will only need to give the floor a mop.

Let him have all your worries and cares,
for he is always thinking about you and
watching everything that concerns you.
(1 Peter 5:7, The Living Bible-TLB)

Lunar Occultation Of Venus
Friday, 24th March, 2023.
#1 - photo credited to Jagjit.
On the 24th March evening, an ex-colleague sent me the above shot of the crescent and a star in front of her house.
#2
Photos #2 to #5 were shared by a church member.
#3
Looks like a star almost touching the silver of the new crescent moon.
#4
It is actually the planet Venus, the brightest natural object that can be seen in the sky with the naked eye, apart from the sun and moon. According to the newspaper report, the Moon is about 375,700km from Earth and Venus is 185,000km away. To us, Venus seems to be very near to the moon but it is actually very far away.
#5
I didn't have the opportunity to see these for myself.
Photos #2 to #5 credited to Shirley T.
My friend and I went for mural hunting a few years back. I can't remember exactly when. 
My friend who is about 2 years older than me can still do the hopscotch game.

Linking to Monday Mural.

And it is he who will supply all your needs from his riches in glory
because of what Christ Jesus has done for us.
(Philippians 4:19, The Living Bible-TLB)

60 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got a really good maid! The star & Venus are remarkable photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is really necessary to get help to do the tasks around the house. Good to hear that you got a professional and is satisfied with the result. Please take good care! 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great shot of crescent and star! I can't remember how to do the hopscotch game any more....it's too long since I last did it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you got a lady that cleaned your house as needed. I remember seeing the moon and planet when we drove home from eating dinner at Denny's restaurant on Friday. I was too tired to make dinner so Phil took me out with Megan as well. I did feel a bit better when home. I tried to take photos on my camera 📷 but it didn't do well. It was beautiful to view lunar eclipse though. Venus was below the moon here in USA. Oregon is where we live. Hugs and prayers 🙏 ❤️ 🌷
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend's camera did a great job but I wouldn't be able to get a good shot with my hand phone camera.

      Delete
  5. It's wonderful you got a good maid you can trust. I like the photos of the eclipse. And that mural is so adorable and child like. Your friend was having fun, I can tell. Hope you are not in pain, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elizabeth. Yes, she can still hop.

      Delete
  6. Wonderful night photos, so beautiful. Glad you got a good maid, that was a wise decision. Sending hugs and prayers, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie for your hugs and prayers.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful shots of the crescent and the star. Yes, great idea to get a maid - we have worked all our lives, time to give ourselves a break. Of course, we shall have to close one eye and be glad we have somebody else doing everything for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will have to let go and not be too fussy. Just let others do the work which we can no longer do.

      Delete
  8. Stunning night photos, Nancy! I'm so glad that you managed to find a good part-time maid - it will be a real help.
    Julia x
    https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...Nancy, I hope that you are doing well. My best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to know you are hiring part time maid to come and do cleaning. Usually those maids are experienced and you just need to tell them what you want, they will do for you. I hired weekly maid in my previous house and when stayed in Sibu. So no need for us to get down to those wiping, cleaning personally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. Hiring a part time maid is a relief to hubby, help to lessen his work load.

      Delete
  11. this must be great relief for your hubby dear Nancy
    glad you have hired a maid .she sounds amazing at her work as she finished all the cleaning before the time wow
    good response from you to leave her earlier as well :)
    thinking of you my friend be well and take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Baili for your kind thoughts. God bless you.

      Delete
  12. I am glad that the maid worked well for you and that she was efficient. I hope that you will be able to get the same one again. In our house, my wife and I share all the chores, so while it would be more work if one of us was sick, there would be no surprises.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, David. Joint effort in keeping house is a great idea which I have implemented from the start.

      Delete
  13. I'm glad you got a good maid to help you. Those photos of Venus and the Moon are so awesome. I have never seen anything like it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How good it is that you have a person to help your husband.
    I really liked the pictures with the star. It is an achievement to have captured that photograph.
    I think you have not gone through my other blog. I leave you the link.
    https://siempreseraprimavera.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Norma. Thanks for the link to your new post.

      Delete
  15. If I were near I'd come and clean for free, Nancy. Getting help for your husband is a good thing.

    Have a blessed day, Nancy. Love and hugs, my friend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. You are a great friend indeed. Thanks for your love and hugs. Sending the same to you, Sandee.

      Delete
  16. It's great that you hit so well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Me alegra que saliera todo bien con la limpieza. Las fotografías de la luna son bonitas. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hiring partial help is a good idea! The murals are lovely! They remind me to write a little post on some murals I've got in my pictures file.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Duta. I do hope to get more information about the murals that I have captured.

      Delete
  19. A great idea to hire some help, and wonderful that she was so efficient.
    The mural is very cute, and great of your friend still able to hopscotch. Thanks for participating in Monday murals Nancy.
    I think your link is incorrect, it says "page not available ".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sami. I have inserted another link that has the correct link.

      Delete
  20. Having a maid, even part time. Will reduce stress. I've seen family who took care of their other members of there family. Ruin there health.
    I like photo of the moon.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so glad you have someone coming in to help. If i were there, i'd want to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. If you are here, I would definitely get you.

      Delete
  22. Espero que estes mejor te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It is good that you have found a reliable part time maid. It takes the burden off household chores which can be overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, PH. I am glad I found this maid.

      Delete
  24. great that you have found a reliable and trusted maid/cleaner. You should rest more, and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nux. Yes, hubby and I need some deserved rest.

      Delete
  25. This must be great relief for your hubby Nancy
    glad you have hired a maid .she sounds amazing and I'm sure that it makes you happy to be able to assist you. Now go down and rest my friend.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paul. I am getting enough of rest.

      Delete
  26. Wonderful you got such a good help!

    Great pic of moon and venus and your friend is welcome to hop in here :-)
    We have a Hopscotch as entry-carpet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Iris. Are you tempted to do the hopscotch every time you return home.

      Delete
  27. I hope you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good to hear you found someone good to help your hubby out, that is a lot of work for someone that has never done that stuff before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Connie. Hubby is indeed very relief.

      Delete
  29. A good maid is worth her weight in gold! Glad you found one.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...