Monday 20 March 2023

A New Chapter In My Life

After returning from the hospital, our sons were at home with us and they helped in the cooking, while hubby does the marketing. After our sons left for work, hubby took over the cooking as well. The first few days were quite stressful for him but he willing learn to pick up whatever he needs to learn.

Hubby has to learn to cook simple meals for both of us. I taught him to cook soups where everything goes into the pressure cooker. He learns to steam fish, steam minced meat, eggs, chicken and blanching of green vegetables. I planned simple menus to make it easy and less stressful for him. After a few days, he is now quite good in the kitchen without any instruction from me. Thank God he is not fussing and he is eating the same food that he cooks for me even though it could be very bland for him.
Hubby doesn't mind porridge but the only thing he doesn't enjoy is fish porridge. I have a small sized slow cooker which can cook enough for 2 meals for 1 person. Whenever cooking porridge, hubby has more time to relax, does his own things, and can go out to eat whatever he wants to eat for a change. Whenever possible, I will help out with light work e.g. like plucking and sorting out green vegetables while sitting at the table, etc.
Elder son is now back home with us and he takes over the cooking for us. He brought back a fresh grouper fish and yesterday, he cooked fish head soup. He put in a lot of effort to cut and clean the fish, cooked the soup and all was worth it. We enjoyed the fish head noodle soup very much and no complain from hubby. We had it for lunch and dinner.
Oh, do not hide yourself when I am trying to find you.
Do not angrily reject your servant.
You have been my help in all my trials before; don't leave me now.
Don't forsake me, O God of my salvation.
For if my father and mother should abandon me,
you would welcome and comfort me.
(Psalm 27:10, The Living Bible-TLB)
This mural looks like winter time with snow flakes.
The last few days have been very hot. There was some rain but not enough to cool down the heat.

Linking to Monday Mural.

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."
(Psalm 91:1-2, The Living Bible-TLB)

54 comments:

  1. I used to love fish porridge as a child. There was one stall selling fish porridge and everytime went there, I took its fish porridge. Now no more. Not everyone acquired it because fish got the fishy smell. Hehe.

    Good that your hubby helps around the house, cook for you and home. You have a good rest and take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite a number of my friends do not like fish because of the smell.

      Delete
  2. Your husband is GOLD :-) The mural looks beautiful. I wonder if you still do your morning walk..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie. Yes, he is. Morning walk for us is on hold for the time being.

      Delete
  3. God bless your hubby and your boys for their support and love! You are so blessed to have them. Please take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you are getting such good help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It´s great you have so much help and no worries in the cooking sector.
    Hope your Hubby will learn to enjoy cooking. And that everything turns out "well" after all, dear Nancy.
    Here it´s officially Spring today. No more winter, please...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that Spring has started. Here, we are waiting for rain.

      Delete
  6. Nancy, I still feel for you. I am glad your husband is doing the cooking and you don't have to worry about that. Please take care of yourself. You floral photos are gorgeous.

    Your mural looks like my world. While it is hot in yours, I am huddled in front of my portable heater. It's a lovely mural, dear Nancy. I hope it cooled you a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see this post Nancy. Liked those flowers and the mural pic. Take care. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good that your elder son is home to help out. So sad to see people with lots of children but they are all so far away, only the two old folks left on their own. At times like this, gotta change our ways, need to cope the best one can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, STP. I am really blessed to have love ones who are available to help out.

      Delete
  9. Good to know that your husband has stepped up and your sons are around to help out, especially your eldest son. Please take good care. As PH has shared in her latest post, food plays an important role so your sons and husband and even yourself may be reading up on what diet plan may help. May God give all of you the strength and patience and wisdom to see this through. 🙏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. My sons are taking turns to be with us.

      Delete
  10. Dear Nancy
    This is such an uplifting post from you. Your hubby has risen to the challenge of learning to cook, and taken away some worry for you. Your loving family are also doing their upmost to help you, and this is heart warming to know. I love all the beautiful flower images, and the colourful mural.
    Take care Nancy, You're in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's very encouraging that your family is pitching in and helping wherever and however they need to. That is as it should be of course. Continued good luck with your treatments, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So great that your husband and sons are helping you. The mural is very pretty. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Nancy.
    Best of luck with your treatments.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hola Nancy. Siempre es reconfortante que te ayuden, eso ayuda para mejorarse. Besos

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is wonderful that your son and husband have been cooking for you. You are eating well to keep up your strength. Good. I am glad to hear this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so glad that your sons are helping when they can and that hubby is getting use to cooking, he may surprise you and think of some things on his own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Connie. Yes, he is getting quite good.

      Delete
  16. Nancy, try to distract yourself by doing those manual tasks that you enjoy. Your husband will soon learn to cook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Norma. Yes, I am occupying myself with many things.

      Delete
  17. It is good your family is there for you, Nancy. If I were near I'd be your housekeeper. You mean a great deal to me.

    Have a blessed day, my friend. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. You are a great friend. Hug.

      Delete
  18. Me alegra que tus hijos estén contigo, te deseo todo lo mejor. Abrazos para la familia.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Family's important at all times, especially at times of difficulty. You're blessed with a good husband and sons, Nancy, that will stenghten and heal you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Duta. I am really blessed with my love ones.

      Delete
  20. Me alegro que estés mejor y que las cosas estén funcionado. Dios te cuida te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is heartwarming to read about your family coming together at this time. Wishing you good health and good things. You are in my thoughts, dear Nancy.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am so glad that you have such a wonderful and supportive family at this difficult time. Sending you virtual hugs and healing prayers. Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have a very strong family and it most be difficult for all deal with this situation. Keep strong Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paul. I am blessed with very supportive family.

      Delete
  24. Never heard of fish porridge. Glad all pitching in.
    Coffee is on and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Nancy, if your children are at the age of 40 years and above, they may want to get a colonoscopy screening in view of a positive family history (first degree relative) of colon cancer. The colonoscopy is free at government hospitals with a referral letter from klinik kesihatan.

    ReplyDelete
  26. dear Nancy family is a gift and blessing indeed .you are such a sweet lady and your family seems to love you so much my friend!
    i bet such kindness and support helps in healing most! God is gracious!
    glad your hubby and eldest son both are cooking for you and i hope and pray that your treatment is going good as well! praying for you !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Baili for your kind comment and prayer.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...