Monday 8 May 2023

Son and Friends Had A Great Fishing Trip

On Tuesday, 2nd May, I went to hospital for my pre-chemo blood test. The next day, 3rd May, I was admitted to the hospital for my 2nd cycle chemo using the new chemo drug. The doctors were not happy with the result of the pre-chemo blood test and I was asked to fast to prepare for an ultrasound to be done to check whether there is any blockage in my liver. By 3pm the ultrasound was done and it was a relief to be told that there is no blockage in my liver.

By then I was told that it was too late to start the chemo treatment. The next day (Thursday) was a public holiday and it is not advisable to start chemo treatment on a Friday because there will be no doctors on duty on Saturday and Sunday. So I was told that I could be discharged and re-admit to the hospital on Monday.

Sometime last month, younger son and friends went for a fishing trip. They rented a fishing boat and below are some of the photos from their fishing trip and their plentiful catch.

These are the smaller fishes.
Younger son and friend bought this ice box when they were back in Ipoh last month.
A long fish.
Looks like they had a great catch this round.
Both caught the same type of fish.
Plenty of fishes to last for a long time.
Sometimes, they don't have a good catch but this round, the catch is good.
Both of my sons love fishing.
Then he said, "Throw out your net on the right-hand side of the boat,
and you'll get some!" So they did,
and they couldn't haul in the net because there were so many fish in it.
(John 21:6, New Living Translation-NLT)
Photo credited to Julie Chong.
The above shows the artist at work painting mural on the ground and wall.

Linking to Monday Mural.

53 comments:

  1. Wow, wow. These are some big fish they caught. Now who cleans these fish. I love fishing but I hate cleaning them so we just throw them back into the water.
    I hope you are feeling better Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paul. They will do the cleaning themselves before they store away the fishes.

      Delete
  2. Unbelievable catch and haul. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry the chemo was postponed. What a catch the boys had, WOWWWWW! Just fabulous! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's a great catch! My brother is a huge fan of fishing and he even built his own boat, so he can go fishing with his friends weekly. Hope by now that you already had your chemo therapy with new drug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank goodness that your ultrasound brought good news dear Nancy ,hope all will go great on Monday as well !
    wow they indeed got some very big catches :)
    cognates

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an enormously successful catch! Today is Monday, and I am assuming you are having your chemo now. I am so glad your liver test turned out well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very successful catch! Good news about the liver!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy, how big are those fish! Due to its weight, it will surely be difficult to drag to the boat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some are quite big. Needs strong hands to haul in the fish.

      Delete
  9. Glad the ultrasound went ok. Wow!!! Lucky, all of you - looks like your son sure enjoys fishing, eh? Fresh from the sea onto your plate and fish is getting more and more expensive these days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The fish in the third photo, is it a Pike. Sure glad you had a good liver to report.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dora. Sorry, I don't know whether it is a pike or not.

      Delete
  11. Esperó que estés mejorando con el tratamiento. Parece que tu hijo y sus amigos se divirtieron. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh dear me, hopefully the next session of chemo won't be postponed but I can understand the delay as it makes total sense.
    Wow! Great fishing there for the young men, well done.
    Loved seeing these photos Nancy...
    Good luck..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wah! So many fresh fish! I hope your next chemo goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what a huge catch! I wonder who will prepare all that fish? LOL, not me! Hope you have a successful chemo session. That 3D mural is interesting. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sami. Definitely not me too. Lol!

      Delete
  15. Hi Nancy, good to know that there is no blockage. PTL 🙏 that is a lot of fishes. Who is going to clean and cook all of them? 😅

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh am so glad that everything was ok even if you had to delay your treatment. Wow they did catch some big fish didn't they.
    The mural is so pretty and realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, this made me so afraid and sad.
    Yes, Ingo always manages to get sick on Fridays or public holidays.
    And then you run and run to find a doctor.
    Hope all goes well!!!

    Cool fishing-trip-pics.
    I would be bored, but again... Ingo would love that.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow it's a fun fishing...so many big fishes here and they look so fresh...Very nice trip in ocean...

    Hope all goes well in your treatment ^^

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's awesome that your sons and friends got lots of fish. I like the scripture verse you shared with it. I hope your cancer treatment goes well and you'll stay healthy 💗 God bless you 🌹 ~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Nancy, I am praying for you. I love the bounty of fish your son & friends caught. Such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. good catch! plenty of fishes to last for a few meals!

    ReplyDelete
  22. My man also started his fishing trip, last month. Lots of catches. Last week,vhe went for sotong trip, catch few bags of big squids.

    Hope your chemo treatment goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. My chemo treatment went well.

      Delete
  23. Oh very good trip amazing fish

    ReplyDelete
  24. 🐰 𝐻𝒾, 𝒩𝒶𝓃𝒸𝓎◠◡◠
    𝓖𝓵𝓪𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽 𝓲𝓼 𝓰𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓸𝓷 𝓼𝓶𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓵𝔂! 𝓐𝓵𝓵 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓮𝓼𝓽! 💗

    ReplyDelete
  25. So many fish and big ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Nancy,
    Hope it's going well with your chemo treatment.
    My brother is big fishing enthusiast; he'll be visiting Malaysia in July. Wondering where your sons went to catch these fish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They go off shore for their fishing, no know where exactly..

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...