Monday 17 January 2022

Dinner At My Kitchen Restaurant, Ipoh

In preparation for the Lunar New Year, I finally came out of my lazy mode to take down some the curtains for washing. I was thinking earlier whether I should engage a professional curtain cleaning service this year or DIY the curtain cleaning myself. In the end, I decided to DIM i.e. do it myself. All these years I have been doing all the cleaning by myself. Now, the spring cleaning job has to be spaced out into a few days as I am beginning to feel my age even though my mind still thinks I am young. Hahahaaa... 

Thanks to the hot and sunny weather, the curtains were dried and put up again in the same day.
That evening was our dine-out dinner with friends and this time our friend suggested My Kitchen Restaurant since we haven't been there for a long, long time.
4 lemon with tangerine peel warm drink (chan pi lemon) RM19.20
You can top up on the hot water.
Braised black fungus with pork belly (S size) RM18.80
Eggplant (brinjal), stinky beans with minced pork (S-size) RM19.80
Shrimp sauce deep fried chicken wings RM16.80
4 small portion rice RM4.80
Total cost of dinner + 6% service charge = RM84.15
Painting on the wall inside the restaurant.

Linking to Monday Mural.

Some of his disciples began talking about the beautiful stonework
of the Temple and the memorial decorations on the walls.
But Jesus said, "The time is coming when all these things
you are admiring will be knocked down,
and not one stone will be left on top of another;
all will become one vast heap of rubble."
"Master!" they exclaimed.
"When? And will there be any warning ahead of time?"
He replied, "Don't let anyone mislead you.
For many will come announcing themselves as the Messiah,
and saying, 'The time has come.' But don't believe them!"
(Luke 21:5-8, The Living Bible-TLB)

58 comments:

  1. Interesting drink. Oh, yes. In Perth they celebrate Chinese New Year. I once nearly dropped my camera as a dragon came very close, LOL!
    Oh. We should be there now (and I am warned for when we can again ;-)...)

    Nice mural, your food is so different from ours!
    Ingo eats pork belly. I could never.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Iris. Good thing you didn't dropped your camera.

      Delete
  2. I would love that lemon drink.
    I haven't read anything yet about the Chinese New Year celebrations in Perth, will need to keep an eye out for it.
    Nice mural, thanks for participating in Monday Murals Nancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dinner in the restaurant sounds great. The mural is beautiful, too. Have a great week! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are keeping it simple and quiet this Chinese New Year so we have not bothered about the curtains and everything else. Raining a lot here, actually. First time seeing petai with minced pork, interesting dishes, this place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours will be simple too especially when we will not be expecting any visitors. CNY to us is just like any normal day except making some effort to cook and enjoy some nice food for the family.

      Delete
  5. the food looks so good! thank you for sharing
    wishing you a wonderful year ahead
    xoxo
    style frontier

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice wall paintings and food looks good too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I washed my curtains last month. Need 3 washes for all the curtains in my house but glad I got it done. Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too spaced out the washing so that it won't be too hard work for me.

      Delete
  8. Seems delicious food :) thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...the chicken would be my choice. Take care and stay well, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom. You picked a good choice. Stay warm and stay safe.

      Delete
  10. You ate well for a very reasonable price.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The chicken wings sure looked tasty Nancy. Every morning my wife & daughter start the day with a glass of water with lemon. I tried it but I didn't like it.


    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paul. I do drink lemon with water but not everyday.

      Delete
  12. I like your chicken wings, delicious! Getting ready for Chinese New Year is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great skies, I love that you have friends to eat with.
    Enjoy your week!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh the food. Oh the food. I'm starving this morning and you're making my stomach growl. Yummy.

    Glad you have your clean curtains back up.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. The food of this My Kitchen Restaurant looks very good. Were you all very full after that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. We were all very full but the cooking and taste are not as good as before.

      Delete
  16. Replies
    1. No, I won't be making moon cakes. Moon cakes is too sweet for us. For Lunar New Year, we have the glutinous rice sticky cake. We will usually buy but I don't think I will buy this year. It is sweet too.

      Delete
  17. Great post dear, so nice and interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I did one round of curtain washing last year and realized that it is such a lot of work! I usually hand them up immediately after they are washed because I don't have space to dry them. All the dishes for your evening dine-out look really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Due to limited space, I have to divide the curtain washing into a few rounds. The food is not as good as before. The chicken wings is the best.

      Delete
  19. It's so nice to get a chore that has been hanging over your head done and finished!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ricos camarones. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the wall showing where food comes from.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Everything looks delish,
    and I want one of those lemon drinks.

    Ann
    https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ann. We do enjoy the lemon drink.

      Delete
  23. Se ve todo interesante. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are SO lucky to eat out so much. I would love to have someone cook for me at least once a week. And your food always looks so good, too. That is a great mural inside the restaurant. Well worth the visit, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it is nice to eat out once in a while.

      Delete
  25. That's an interesting drink. Is it like honey lemon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It taste like lemon with suen mui (salted sour plum). Very refreshing.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...