Wednesday 1 February 2023

1st Dim Sum Breakfast In 2023

Tuesday 31st January was the 10th day of CNY 2023. Hubby and I had already started out on our morning walk when we received a call from a friend at about 6:55am. She wanted to have breakfast with us and will be picking us up from our house in an hour's time. We finished our morning walk and went home for wait. 

A soft toy rabbit welcoming us to Halal Dim Sum Canning Garden, Ipoh.
Side view of the rabbit.
A big white rabbit in the garden with colourful umbrellas.
Floral decoration and dim sum trays.
Visitors can sit here for their photos to be taken.
We were seated in front of this wall.
From the left, clockwise.
2 plates of fried prawn dumplings, 2 trays of steamed prawn dumplings, yam puffs and siew mai in the centre.
Steamed chicken glutinous rice (left) and fried radish cake (right).
Satisfying and filling breakfast for 4 people.


Wisdom is more precious than rubies;
nothing you desire can compare with her.
She offers you long life in her right hand,
and riches and honor in her left.
She will guide you down delightful paths;
all her ways are satisfying.
Wisdom is a tree of life to those who embrace her;
happy are those who hold her tightly.
(Proverbs 3:15-18, New Living Translation-NLT)

44 comments:

  1. Simple but nice decor. Cute bunny toy.

    Nice satisfying dim sum breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice call from your friend!
    Cute rabbits and oh, the umbrellas.
    If I had space... my Dad brought me such one from Japan in the mid-70´s. It sits closed in the corner...
    Nice photo-idea, too - where is yours? ;-)
    I googled siew mai - sounds very yummy! (apart from the scallion).
    I would love to try fried radish cake! Found a recipe - just what is rice flour? I don´t think we get that here...
    But thank you for the input!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Nancy. What a cute place with toy rabbits. I love to eat dim sum. Is this place far from your house? If not that far, you can eat dim sum at this place more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is quite a distance from my place. We have one very near to my house but I don't always eat dim sum.

      Delete
  4. I miss yam puffs! The restaurant is so festively decorated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely details , thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...this sure is a colorful spot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 🐰 𝓗𝓲, 𝓝𝓪𝓷𝓬𝔂! excellent Dim Sum 👍++👍 😋😋 🤤🤤

    https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=508796231291921
    ➸ facebook Canning Dim Sum Malaysia:
    Video (01:00) Canning Dim Sum Interview

    https://youtu.be/bDGE1FT-7M8
    ► 視頻 (02:26) Ipoh Dim Sum Halal | Canning Dim Sum

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice food . I like dimsum too. I always buy frozen dimsum and eat at for my lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Se ve bonita la decoración. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is no better breakfast in life than dim sum! The last time I had it was in Hong Kong in 2018.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, David. Hong Kong serves the best dim sum.

      Delete
  11. The best breakfast ever. I need to go to Chinatown in San Francisco and enjoy a dim sum breakfast. It's been to long.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is more than a breakfast. It looks like a feast! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gigi. We have scaled down, we use to order more items when we were younger.

      Delete
  13. What a fun place! I especially like the tiny red lanterns.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Canning? They just opened a branch here on the 1st of February. Yet to go and try. I went to the one at Pappa Rich on Sunday - in my blog soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This Canning dim sum is enjoying very good business.

      Delete
  15. Never heard of fried radishes.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's a lovely restaurant, and the food looks delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Linda decoración por el año nuevo chino. Se ve rica su comida. Te mando un beso. https://enamoradadelasletras.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have been talking about having dim sum and I must ajak my brother for dim sum one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The decorations look lovely. The breakfast looks good too, but I would have to wait until later to eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful setting and the food looks delicious.
    Julia x
    https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...