Wednesday 21 March 2018

Our First Evening On The SuperStar Libra Cruise Ship

By about 7.30 pm, we were on board the cruise ship. We were each given an access card and we have to carry it everywhere we go. With the access card, we have access to our cabin, to restaurants, to disembark and embark the ship, etc.

For the first dinner, we decided to try Western, all 8 of us! But I only remember to take 3 snapshots and totally forgot about the main course and the dessert. Hubby had lamb and I had a combination of seafood for the main course. Both were good!
Hubby didn't like the salad so I took his share plus mine! I enjoyed it very much!
Buns
 I think I requested for carrot soup.
Sorry, no photo of the main course and dessert.
 After dinner, we went up to the top deck.
Even though the ship was stationary, it was very windy.
 Found this on the top deck. I suppose this is one of the propeller blade?
The view of Penang island lighted up - taken from the top deck.
 Performance by the crew members on deck 9 - about 10 pm.
There are 2 swimming pools and 2 jacuzzi pools on the left side.
 Nightly entertainment by singer and band.
 Passengers were invited to join in.
 More performance by different crew members.
 same as above
 Performance by another group of crew members.
 Farewell night for those disembarking at Port Klang the next day.
 10.35 pm - getting ready to sail. Departure time - 11 pm.
Supper time 11.30 pm to 12.30 pm.
Some tables still in preparation, so no photos.
 First night, we didn't stay for the supper.
*     *     *     *     *
Believe it or not? Even on the cruise ship, I have found this flower to join Floral Bliss. All thanks to our friend, Shirley who brought it to my attention.
I didn't know this plant has flowers.
The flowers look quite similar to spider lilies.
Linking to Floral Bliss.

This is the first and greatest commandment.
The second most important is similar:
'Love your neighbor as much as you love yourself.'
(Matthew 22:38-39, The Living Bible-TLB)

50 comments:

  1. The first night of the cruise is always fun. The think about cruises though is it's too much food. Way too much food.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Need a lot of will power and determination not to overeat! Have a great day, Sandee!

      Delete
  2. Preciosas fotos Nancy, parece muy divertido, os deseo un feliz y maravilloso viaje. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mean you all forgo the delicious foc supper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Out of the 4 nights, only one night we tried the supper.

      Delete
  4. What a first night Nancy. That's why I love cruising. Enjoy your cruise my friend. I can't wait until I see more of your photos. See ya.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paul! Now I know why you love cruising!

      Delete
  5. Looks like that you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Un viaje divertido. La planta es preciosa. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If me, i sure cannot resist the supper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither can we! That's we went for the supper one night.

      Delete
  8. A really great idea of the luxury and fun of a cruise! Lovely flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just look at the table of desserts and cakes, i cannot resist!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The desserts look awesome!!! I have never been on a cruise, so your posts are fun for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Nancy!:) You must have enjoyed your dinner, because you completely forgot to photograph part of the meal!:) The supper looks good with all those desserts, and the evening entertainment looks like fun. Nice plant too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are right! It was a great dinner and cruising is fun!

      Delete
  12. Several of those salads could have been my whole meal. It looks like it was all such fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Mimi! It was really fun being on a cruise!

      Delete
  13. The night views of Penang look beautiful - dancing is good excersise. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Riitta! Dancing is good and fun way to exercise!

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. Ha ha ha! Because you are a good Salsa dancer!

      Delete
  15. I've never been on a cruise! Thanks for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely cruise. So relax. But I agree the night breeze would be cold.

    Wow. Never go hungry on-board. They even have supper! That is why people say that going to cruise is like eating non-stop. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I know why people love cruising! You will never get to feel hungry on the cruise ship!

      Delete
  17. Sounds like the cruise ship started you off with a big party. That time of night, I'd be in my bunk sounds asleep so kudos to you for staying up.

    This is the second time in a row that you are eating food that I recognize.

    And I love that you always have a verse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a night person so staying up is no problem for me.

      Delete
  18. Carrot soup looks yummy! the other day I had creamy artichoke soup.. that was heavenly..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The soups served on the cruise are all very tasty!

      Delete
  19. Looks like lots of fun and a wide choice of food. Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane! Lots of fun activities and food! Take care too, Diane!

      Delete
  20. Oh my goodness! The desserts! I coud not get past that! Seriuosly, what a great adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are plenty of choices for the sweet tooth!

      Delete
  21. Anticipating a lot of food coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plenty of food but stomach space limited! Lol!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...