Monday 25 March 2019

The Plants In My Garden

It rained heavily yesterday evening and this morning, the dark sky looked like it was going to rain again but it didn't. Now the sky is bright and sunny.
Morning sky partially blocked by dark cloud.
It looks like I was focusing on the lamp post and the power lines.
*     *     *     *     *
Below are some of the edible plants I have re-potted into bigger pots.
One of the eggplant or brinjal plants but I can't remember whether they are white or purple ones.
Some luffa or loofah plants.
One of the bitter melon or bitter gourd plants.
Again, I can remember whether they are the white or green ones.
One taro or yam plant.
I don't know whether this is the small or big type.
Some fig plants grown from cuttings.
The above are the Brunswick Fig plants.
These are also grown from cuttings.
These are the Purple Jordan fig plants.
One of the red okra or lady fingers plants.
A few of these are found growing from the ground in between the pots. They must have grown from the seeds dropped from the old green amaranth plants.
Harvested these from my garden.
One of the dinners I cooked last week, a very appetizing dinner.
Sambal petai prawns (spicy stinky beans and prawns), stir fried veggie with garlic and 3 pieces of left over chicken curry from the previous meal. 

My son, honey whets the appetite and so does wisdom!
When you enjoy becoming wise, there is hope for you!
A bright future lies ahead!
(Proverbs 24:13-14, The Living Bible-TLB)

40 comments:

  1. They are all so beautiful and healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are truly a talented gardener, Nancy! Have a beautiful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie! Just someone who loves gardening. Have a happy week!

      Delete
  3. I love looking at your plants! That petai prawn sambal looks delicious! Can last me for at least 3 meals! Best eaten with lots of rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun! The petai dish lasted us 2 meals.

      Delete
  4. ...and all of the plants start out as such humble little things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It rained heavily yesterday and today too. Quite good as it is a change to have cooling weather. Wah, you had such a good chili harvest and your okra is so long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phong Hong! At least the rain will wash away the haze. But the day is still very hot.

      Delete
  6. Oh,I love gardening, however I have inly a balcony, I should plant sime herbs in next few days☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can make use of whatever space is available to us.

      Delete
  7. Your home cooked meal is really very tempting, blessed are those who can taste your cooking. I can eat a lot of rice with the sambal prawns and the curry chicken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby for your compliment! Some dishes are best eaten with rice.

      Delete
  8. You must have a wonderful green thumb Nancy. My father had a beautiful fig tree in the garage, After he died my brother took it and after that, that was it. See ya Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paul! I bought 2 fig plants and now they have multiplied triple.

      Delete
  9. You have a fabulous green thumb, Nancy. I also love your dinner. You had me at prawns and spicy.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. My best fig tree is a cutting I took off the original tree. It is huge now and about 12 years old. I grow sweet potatoes but not yams. I always thought that they were related but not so! Have a good week, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane! I have also tried growing potatoes but now I need to find space to grow potatoes. Happy week!

      Delete
  11. Me encanta todo lo que has plantado. La comida se ve muy buena. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahora acabo de regar las mías. Las plantas necesitan mucho cuidados.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the mood of that first shot.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! you have green thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your garden is lovely, even if you can't quite remember which color brinjal you planted.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Some lovely plants you have there. Those red okras are very tasty, much better than the normal green ones.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like you'll have nice surprises when the fruits of your labour appear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, now patiently waiting for the surprises to appear. Some takes a long time.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...