Tuesday 5 March 2019

Chapati And Chicken Satay For Dinner

As I sit here writing this post, the outside temperature is 32 deg. C. Sometimes the midday temperature could go as high as 35 deg. C. After having watered my plants in the garden, I will be staying indoor for the rest of the day. 

The following photos were taken end of December last year (about 2 months ago) when the weather was much cooler then. 
Early morning sky @ 7:15 am.
 I dropped in at the plant nursery for some fertilizer and saw these pitchers.
Hanging pitchers from the potted plant.
First time getting to see one up close.
*     *     *     *     *
That evening we had a late dinner at one of our regular coffee shop.
We ordered a piece of chapati each.
We also ordered 10 sticks of chicken satay from a roadside stall in front of the coffee shop.
Once in a while we enjoy a late night dinner of chapati, satay and chilled unsweetened black coffee.
*     *     *     *     *
Sharing some photos of items found at the National Museum. 
Foundation stone for pillar, discovered in the Bujang Valley, Kedah. These are believed to be used as foundation for wooden pillars in a Hindu-Buddhist temple between the 5th and 12th centuries AD.
A model of a Majapahit Bahtera ship. Majapahit was a famous imperial kingdom in the Malay world, based in modern Indonesia and founded in the late 13th century.

Linking to Happy Tuesday, Tuesday's Treasures & Image-in-ing.

Since we have a Kingdom nothing can destroy,
let us please God by serving Him with thankful hearts
and with holy fear and awe.
(Hebrews 12:28, The Living Bible-TLB)

46 comments:

  1. Coffee so late, can sleep? The purple tablecloth at the coffeeshop looks so nice. Wonderful discoveries at the museum, do you visit the museum very often?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby has no problem with coffee at late hours. No, I don't often visit the National museum, the photos were taken during one of our visits.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you can keep cool indoors. It's interesting to look at unusual plants closeup at the garden centre and visit the museum where you can see items on display and learn more about the ancient culture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Nancy, preciosas fotos. Las plantas carnívoras me encantan y aquí se consiguen con facilidad, pero me resultan muy difíciles de cuidar. Buen día. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lola! I too am not good with carnivorous plants or cactus.

      Delete
  4. I didn't realize that pitcher plants can be quite decorative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen them in my friends garden but I don't think I will know how to take care of the plants.

      Delete
  5. That looks a simple dinner with chicken and pitchers are something first time reading the name of this unique plant! Lovely morning sky

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't blame you for keeping cool indoors. The chapatis and say look so tasty and it was a joy to see some of the artefacts from the museum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We still sweat even with the fan on full blast.

      Delete
  7. Satay looks tasty. I believe it is illegal to pluck pitcher plants from jungles and forest to grow them at home. How do garden centers grow them? From seeds?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know about the law or how it was grown for sale.

      Delete
  8. pitchers look exciting...
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Pitcher plant is amazing Nancy. Can anyone grow them, like me? The chicken looks scrumptious. See ya.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know whether it is easy to grow the pitcher plant because I have tried it myself. Have a great day.

      Delete
  10. The ship model is very interesting. I love the color of the first pitcher plant. I did not know you could make them into hanging plants!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow on those pitcher plants. I've never seen one before today.

    I love all your food posts. Yummy. I'm hungry now.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. The sunset look wonderful
    And the food like always looks yummy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. ...Nancy, what an interesting post, starting with those beautiful pitcher plants and ending with the artifacts from the 5th and 12th centuries! Those sticks of chicken satay look yummy. Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice photos for a great review :))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pitcher plants are very interesting, i wouldn't mind seeing them in person.

    It's always an education when you post museum photos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Replies
    1. Thank you, William! I like the first one too!

      Delete
  17. Mini pitcher plants are cute. They are slightly hard to keep alive though.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Incredible plants! That satay is making me hungry. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...