Friday 17 July 2020

Hor Hee Noodles, Baked Chicken Wings & Mushroom Potage Soup

We woke up to a lovely morning and we went on our morning walk. We walked to our regular coffee shop, stopped for our regular cup of coffee and walked back home. It was a short walk because we had a breakfast appointment with a close friend of ours.
Morning sky at 7:28 am
Morning sky with the sun at 7:38 am.
White Frangipani flowers by the roadside.
White eggplants or brinjals harvested from my garden.
~~~~~
Breakfast with friend.
Our friend took us to Restoran 1010 in Taman Kampar, Ipoh new town.
We ordered 3 bowls of Hor Hee noodles.
It has been ages since I last tasted a good Hor Hee noodle.
For extra oomph, I added the bird's eye chilies into my bowl of noodle. Thanks to my friend, I know where to find nice Hor hee noodles.
~~~~~
Afternoon snack.
Hubby went to Bercham to meet his friend and brought back 4 pieces of yummy snack for me. They were still warm and the inside still soft and gluey.
I love the sweet, soft and gluey "neen koh" sandwiched between taro and sweet potato and surrounded with crunchy batter.
~~~~~
Simple home cooked dinner for 2 people
Baked 5 pairs of pre-marinated chicken wings.
Baked chicken wings, Campbell's mushroom potage soup, and some leftover fried prawns from previous day's dinner. We couldn't finish the chicken wings and kept the remaining in the fridge.


He never needs the daily blood of animal sacrifices, as other priests did,
to cover over first their own sins and then the sins of the people;
for he finished all sacrifices, once and for all,
when he sacrificed himself on the cross.
(Hebrews 7:27, The Living Bible-TLB)

54 comments:

  1. I am seeing white eggplants for the first time. I have seen only purple and green .great post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. White eggplant is not as common as the purple and green ones.

      Delete
  2. The photo of white Frangipani is a wow! So beautiful. Everything looks very appetizing today too, & the sunrise is golden and surely promised a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Riitta. Have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  3. Those Frangipani flowers are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That taro niangao snack looks mouthwatering. So are those wings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hardly seen white brinjals. The only time I see an actual white brinjal was in my boy's tuition teacher's house.

    Baked chicken wings. Healthier than deep fried. I prefer that too but my electric oven broke down last month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't see white brinjals in the market. I too prefer baked chicken wings.

      Delete
  6. ...you've made me hungry again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello dear Nancy!
    Great captures of the morning sky!
    The White Frangipani flowers are so beautiful!
    We also have here white eggplant! Love chicken wings!
    Have a lovely weekend! Stay safe!
    Dimi...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, DIMI. Happy weekend and stay safe too.

      Delete
  8. Hello Nancy,what delicious food there are, the aubergines in white from your garden. You had a beautiful morning sky!
    Have a happy weekend, Elke

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great skies, great food (white eggplant!!!) beautiful flowers and a great verse.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your white frangipani are called Singapore Plumeria here in Hawaii. We had ours chopped down because it made so much rubbish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never seen a white eggplant and what a beautiful flowers the Frangipani has.
    The chicken looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The white eggplant is not common and not sold in the markets.

      Delete
  12. I must write down this shop's name because I like to eat hor her noodles too and hard to find this dish in KL. Is the nian gao still hot? Since then gao is still so soft and flowy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nian gao is warm, not hot when I ate them.

      Delete
  13. Wah so many chicken wings. Wanted to ask if you can finish but you already wrote not finished. The white brinjals are so unique. Do the white brinjals taste different from the purple brinjals?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the white brinjals, but not as soft as the purple brinjals.

      Delete
  14. I like the second photo, with the sun struggling to make it's way above the clouds. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh the food. It's almost breakfast time here, but your food looks better than what I'm going to have.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Have a fabulous weekend too.

      Delete
  16. The white flowers are so pretty that they look fake!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wah..I really like that the fried snack is oozing with neen koh. So nice!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't ever seen a white eggplant either. I am now hungry after seeing that fried snack. It looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have never tasted this soup! It looks not only appetizing but also nutritious :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those flowers are so pretty, and so are your eggplants. That snack looks like one i want to try.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oo I used to order hor hee when I was a teen (gosh so long ago!) living there. My fav would be the 'spaceship'-like fishball.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Las alitas de pollo se ven buenísimas. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It is nice to hv fried nian gao for snack. The marinated chicken wings look so yummy! First time i heard of hor hee noodles, wat kind of noodles are they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can request for any time of noodles such as koay teow, yellow mee, beehoon, or glass noodle. Ingredients consist of fish balls, slices of fish cake, saucer shaped fish ball, veggie. One special ingredient for boiling the soup is the preserved veggie called tong choy.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...