Monday 6 July 2020

Bak Chang, Chinese Rojak + Pancake & Home Cooked Noodle Soup

As usual, we will go to our regular coffee shop after our morning walk for hubby's unsweetened black coffee (kopi-o kosong). As for me, I do not stick to any particular drink but I have a few favourites such as unsweetened coffee with evaporated milk (kopi-c kosong), unsweetened black coffee, herbal tea and plain warm water.

Breakfast at home.
We didn't order any food at the coffee shop because we had bak chang in the fridge. We had our drink, chatted awhile with our friend and walked back home.
I took out the bak chang from the fridge, steamed and unwrapped them for breakfast.
 Whoa! Just look at the big piece of belly fat hidden inside the bak chang! For those who dare to eat, this piece of fat will melt in the mouth!
~~~~~
Hubby accompanied me to the supermarket to buy some essentials. But instead of driving straight to the supermarket, he detoured to the shop selling Chinese rojak and pancake.
Hubby ordered a small plate of rojak.
 I ordered this thin pancake with peanut and corn cream filling. 
 We each had a bowl of Bubur Cha Cha which is a sweet drink consisting of sweet potato, taro, tapioca, sago, coconut milk, sugar.
~~~~~
Simple home cooked dinner
 With the 2nd portion of shredded roast chicken breast, I used it to make soup with napa cabbage, preserved vegetable (dong choy) and 2 eggs.
Simple yet satisfying dinner for 2 people
Shredded chicken noodle soup + spicy sambal belacan with lime juice

Say just a simple 'Yes, I will' or 'No, I won't.'
Your word is enough.
To strengthen your promise
with a vow shows that something is wrong.
(Matthew 5:37, The Living Bible-TLB)

48 comments:

  1. The first couple pictures are food that I have never seen before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good that the whole roast chicken was eaten, nothing went to waste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bak chang, Chinese rojak and thin pancake! all I like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...now you have made me hungry for pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello dear Nancy!
    Every meal looks so delicious! Like the pancakes and the cabbage soup!!
    Have a nice day and a lovely week! Take care!
    Dimi...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, DIMI. Have a wonderful week. Take care and stay safe.

      Delete
  6. The pancake looked delicious, I would really like to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I notice that the comment box always jerks and disappears than reappears empty of my comment, so I have to retype my comment. If this can be fixed, it would be appreciated. Anyway, that chicken soup looks delicious. I don't drink coffee anymore because it keeps me awake at night even though I drink it in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry about the comment box. I will try and see if I can do something about it.

      Delete
  8. Love your dinner of Napa cabbage. I am scared of those Fatty bits in Bak Chang and I will dig them all out and throw away. Love your thin pancakes and bubur Cha Cha. Do you eat anything before your morning walk? Or you will walk on an empty stomach?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We walk first and take breakfast after we have walked.

      Delete
  9. It has been ages since I have had pancakes...sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The food looks nice and some of it I've never heard of so looked it up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All the food looks wonderful. I'm always hungry when I get here and even more hungry when I leave.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Todas tus comidas se ven interesantes. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh the bak chang looks pretty delicious
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. The pancake looks especially good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. When my family celebrates Chinese New Year, bak chang is always available as a meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here we have bak chang for dumpling festival and not for Chinese New Year.

      Delete
  16. Having soup with meat and veggies can be a very satisfying meal.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haven´t heard of bak chang ever :o But looks definitely tasty! ❤

    Blog de la Licorne * Instagram * We♥It

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bak chang is glutinous rice with salted egg yolk, pork, chestnut wrapped in bamboo leaves and boiled in water for few hours.

      Delete
  18. Can't bring myself to eat a big piece of fat like that! Rest of the chang looks very good.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...