Thursday 18 February 2021

Steamed Buns, Chicken Rice & Vegetables Salad

This was on a Thursday, a week before the Lunar New Year celebration. On this particular morning, we decided to walk around the area in front of our house. We will pass through the row of shops, the food court and some residential houses. After walking a few rounds, and on the last round, we stopped at Restoran Zui Le Xuan Dim Sum to buy breakfast before we walked home.

We were not the first customers but we needn't have to wait long to buy whatever we want. Dine-in was not allowed then.
I took this sunrise shot in front of my house before I entered the front gate.
I bought 2 baked bbq buns (char siew pau) and 2 steamed pork buns (nam yue pau). Upon reaching home, I boiled water to make 2 mugs of hot coffee.
Delicious baked bbq bun or char siew pau.
Steamed pork bun or nam yue pau (pork belly with fermented red bean curd).
~~~~~
Lunch
We were at the shops to buy some grocery and we went to our regular coffee shop to buy takeaway chicken rice for lunch.
Chicken and roast pork rice with scrambled egg with tomato for sharing.
Cucumber and long beans with roasted sesame dressing for sharing.

Only the person involved can know his own bitterness or joy -
no one else can really share it.
(Proverbs 14:10, The Living Bible-TLB)

38 comments:

  1. The buns look really good, but I love the roasted pork even more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious breakfast and lunch. Wonderful sunrise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fillings of both the baos look good . If got no fatty bits then I will like it. I like the scrambled eggs in your chap fan. What's for dinner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember what we had for dinner. If not photo to show, then it must be something uninteresting. Hahaha....

      Delete
  4. ...the buns remind me of stuffed breads that Italian bakeries make here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, yum Nancy. Thoe buns sure look good.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  6. Senhor Jesus com as tua santas chagas afasta da terra esses castigos e pragas senhor com as tua santas chagas cura senhor cura amém

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the paus in Hawaii especially the char siu ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delicious breakfast and lunch. I love the sunrise shot too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scramble egg with tomato together with roast pork and chicken rice is something new to me. No hot milo today?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chicken rice with add-ons. No hot milo because we want to finish the 3-in-1 white coffee given by a friend.

      Delete
  10. BEautiful sunrise shot...and your BBQ reminded me that I still have not done a pork roast. I think we are supposed to have some warmer weather next week, so maybe one day next week I can get one and grill it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you remember your roast pork. Our weather here is getting very hot.

      Delete
  11. What a lovely day. Your breakfast and your lunch looked most wonderful.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your sunrise! And those buns! I so know the place I am going to get some of those when I can go to Vancouver! Your lunch looks fabulous too! WOW! I hope you have a totally AWESOME day! Barb

    ReplyDelete
  13. That dawn view was worth getting up for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, William. You are right, it is worth it.

      Delete
  14. Nice to have good food within walking distance. The chicken rice seller offers scrambled eggs with tomato as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same stall offers chicken rice and chap fun.

      Delete
  15. As we age, we tend to share our meals... hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Interesante como siempre. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those do look like good, filling meals.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...