Friday 2 June 2017

Home Cooked Steamed Free Range Chicken For Dinner.

One day, I ordered a free range chicken through a friend. According to my friend, the chickens are fed with good quality chicken feed and the chicken meat is very sweet and tender. These chicken are slightly more expensive than those sold in the market. I went to collect the dressed chicken and I used half of the chicken to cook for dinner that evening.

Hubby loves "pak chum kai" (in Cantonese). Direct translation - "pak" is white, "chum" is chopped, "kai" is chicken = white chopped chicken". It actually means plain steamed chicken. First, I seasoned it with sea salt and let it marinate in the fridge before steaming.
Half a chicken - steamed. Since there are only two of us, I am usually too lazy to chop the chicken into smaller pieces. The liquid from the steamed chicken tasted just like homemade chicken essence.
This is blended ginger with cut spring onions. The ginger is bought from store but the spring onion is from my garden. We love to eat steamed chicken with this blended ginger. I added in some sea salt. Other times, I will add in some garlic oil and the crispy fried garlic. 
 I found a small cabbage head in my fridge and some ladies fingers freshly harvested from my garden. This time I chose to stir fry the cabbage and ladies fingers with prawns. We ate the above dishes without eating any rice. If rice is included, there will be left-over from the dishes. The only left-over was the blended ginger which I used to cook the other half of the chicken.
*     *     *     *     *
The following photos are for joining Skywatch Friday.
These sunrise photos were taken at the Recreational Park.
 Photo #1
 Photo #2
 Photo #3
Photo #4

Linking to Skywatch Friday.

The sun rises and the sun sets, and hurries back to where it rises.
(Ecclesiastes 1:5, New International Version-NIV)

47 comments:

  1. Looks really nice, warm greetings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Blogoratti. Warm greetings to you too!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely dinner. I would have enjoyed this very much.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the steamed chicken, it looks delicious! And I love your last photos, what spectacular views!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sunrise photos are amazing! I see more sunsets than sunrises!
    I steam chicken and then use it for chicken salad, casseroles or chicken and dressing.
    I was at Amber & Mike's last night and he had bought a rotisserie chicken for dinnner. Mike simply cut it up and put it on a plate. Amber squeezed lemon juice and sprinkled it with sea salt. Delicious! At the ranch I gather the eggs but I don't think they've ever killed a chicken to eat - yet. They are free range and good seed eaters. They do have a goat named BBQ that Dean threatens to roast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. I used to gather chicken eggs when I was young but now we don't have place to keep chickens. BBQ is a very unique name for a goat, hope it doesn't end up being BBQ by Dean! Lol!

      Delete
  5. Yummy, I love the steam chicken with the liquid sauce and the vegetables dish looks good too, I can eat two bowls of rice with these delicious dishes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby. These are very simple home cooked meals but very tasty. Have a good day!

      Delete
  6. A beautiful sunrise! And your meal looks so good! I have never used fresh ginger, because I don't know how to store it! used I need to Google that. Now, I have the powdered in a jar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. I am so used to fresh ginger that I wouldn't know how to use the powdered form. Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  7. I love your prawn dish. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. We usually cook our veggie plain with garlic, this time I added prawns. Have a good weekend too!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you, William. Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful sunrise photos...I am not talking about the food cause I am starved!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely post dear! Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beauty. Have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  11. Looked like you cooked a wonderful meal. I was also impressed with the sky pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent homemade meals Nancy, they look so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A delicious meal, Nancy. Most satisfying because it's good old home-cooking! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  14. Next time ring me and I will go over for dinner with you... two dishes is enough, I will bring the rice.. hahahaa..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha...if you don't bring the rice, then no rice for you because most of the time we don't cook rice. Lol!

      Delete
  15. Wow! Home cook steam chicken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, home cook dinner. Have a fantastic day!

      Delete
  16. The chicken looks delicious. I never had a steamed chicken but would like to try it.
    Beautiful skies, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bill. Steamed chicken are more juicy than roasted chicken. Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  17. My family and I eat many different types of chicken dinners. Sometime to much chicken. At times I get tired of it. Now that's summer, we might be having some steak. I love BBQ steak. See ya nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same for me too. Too much of everything can be boring. I love steak too!

      Delete
  18. That steamed chicken sounds fantastic and wow I love ginger :-) have a good Sunday Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. We get a lot of ginger. Have a good day!

      Delete
  19. You have good food and lovely skies!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you, Eleine. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the simplicity comfort food that bring out the awesome goodness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen. After eating all the outside food, home cooked tasted extra good. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  22. So nice you made the ginger condiment to eat with the chicken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ginger condiment is hubby's favourite. Have a nice day!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...