Wednesday 7 June 2017

My Single Layer Petals Yellow Hibiscus.

We came home from dinner one evening and I got out of the car to open the gate for hubby to drive in the car, From the gate I could see my yellow hibiscus plant with 3 big full bloom flowers right at the end of my side garden. I intended to go to the garden to take some snapshots of the flowers before it gets dark. But first, I needed to leave my purse in the house. Once inside the house, I totally forgot about the flowers.

Just before we lock up for the night, hubby walked to the side garden. He was able to see the hibiscus flowers because we keep the side wall light on every night. Good thing he called out to me to inform me that the hibiscus is in full bloom. Only then I remembered! I quickly went out to the garden to snap the photos because the flowers may wither by tomorrow. The following photos were all taken in the night.
 I used the flash to snap these photos.
This is the single layer yellow petals hibiscus flowers. It has deep red centre.
  The colour of the flower is yellowish orange or should I say orangey yellow.
 I get confused with the colours, Sometimes it looks more yellow than orange but sometimes it looks more orange than yellow.
 The leaves of this hibiscus plant is very different from other hibiscus.
These leaves have rounded edges with smooth and glossy surface. 
 This photo was taken without the flash from the camera. The lighting was from the side wall light.
 You can see the leaves clearer in this image. As you can see in this photo, there is another hibiscus plant on the left with leaves that have jagged edges.
 I have tried to keep this hibiscus plant shorter by trimming it hoping that it will grow more branches.
It looks like it needed another trim to reduce its height. I will wait till all the flower buds have bloomed. I was glad I took the photos in the night because there was a heavy downpour later in the night and by next morning the flowers were all closed up and drooping!
*     *     *     *     *
The following 3 photos were taken on different days, in bright daylight. Different flowers but of the same hibiscus plant as the above.
Here the flower looks more orange than yellow. 
 Sometimes the 5 petals are spread out. Other times the 5 petals will be over lapping as seen in the photo below.
I often take help of Stihl gardening products to take proper care of my plants and keep my garden clean and healthy. Although these products are slightly expensive, NotJustDeals Stihl coupons have helped me to grab these tools at a much lower price. And thanks to these amazing tools that I have to spend less time in maintaining my garden and plants.
Another flower with little water droplets on it after a shower.

Linking to Floral Bliss.

Plant the good seeds of righteousness,
and you will reap a crop of my love;
plow the hard ground of your hearts,
for now is the time to seek the Lord,
that he may come and shower salvation upon you.
(Hosea 10:12, The Living Bible-TLB)

66 comments:

  1. Lovely yellow hibiscus. I actually never seen such colour. Oh. Its lifespan is that short??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flowers usually last about a day or two. Have a lovely day, Rose.

      Delete
  2. Your yellow hibiscus is beautiful. It is difficult to define the yellow tint. It is not citrus tone, more to ocra or something. Anyway gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Riitta. We just enjoy the flowers. Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  3. I am glad you forgot the first time! Because these night pictures are so different! Elegant and artistic. They are gorgeous for sure, with beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first time taking night photos of my plants. They look so different. Have a beautiful day, Ginny!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous photos of the Hibiscus, Nancy! You are amazing with plants and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This colour is not common at my place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gosia. My sister-in-law got the baby plant for me from her friend. Have a great day!

      Delete
  6. Nancy, beautiful flowers. These are like sunshine in our homes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. Yes, these are like sunshine to brighten up my garden. Have a good day!

      Delete
  7. The hibiscus is a beautiful colour. You must have been pleased to see the first open blooms and take photos. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. I was very happy and excited over the flowers. Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  8. The yellow colour is so deep and rich. I like the hibiscus flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Superb capture on hibiscus both in flash and daylight! Yes, the leaves are different from the usual jagged edges hibiscus grows here…

    ReplyDelete
  10. 5 petals are plenty...mine has only 2 :-!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I have not see 2 petals hibiscus flowers. Something new to me. Have a happy day, Angie!

      Delete
  11. ...in Hawaii they grow a variety like this, that is call Hula Girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom. Now my hibiscus plant has a pretty name. I like it..Hula Girl. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  12. Nice pictures, lovely flower. I like especially the last picture with water droplets on the flower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen. I love the one with water droplets too! Have a great day!

      Delete
  13. Wow Nancy, these are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bright daylight photos are nicer, at night the flowers look yellow, day time the flowers look orange

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby. Day time photos always look nicer. Have a nice day!

      Delete
  15. They are most beautiful. Great shots too. You have an amazing green thumb.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a beautiful hibiscus. The one with the raindrops is my favourite shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear. It is my favourite too! Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  17. They are very pretty, i don't blame you for wanting them in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful flower Nancy. It's so lovely to look out. See ya.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  19. My goodness, a gorgeous yellow hibiscus Nancy. As pretty as sunshine :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. You take care too! Have a good day!

      Delete
  21. wah so many in full bloom. Are these the ones that is as blig as a plate? so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not as big as a plate but big as a big open palm. Have a happy day!

      Delete
  22. I have always loved yellow hibiscus! How nice that yours bloomed. It's lovely. Mine is a multi-petal variety but not doing well. Perhaps it need re-potting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phong Hong. I have the multi petal yellow hibiscus too. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  23. Hello Nancy, your yellow hibiscus is beautiful. Very pretty blooms. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ermm hibiscus flowers only last one day anyway right? This is the only flower I happily let my kids pluck since they won't last till the next day. Other types are meant to be left on the plant, unless there are a lot of them (in which case they can pick ONE hehe)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most kids love to pluck pretty flowers. So for the prized flowers, make sure you place them out of the kid's reach. Lol!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...