Monday 26 June 2017

Sunday Shopping & Assam Laksa For Lunch, Falim.

Yesterday after the Sunday celebration, we drove to the shopping mall in Farlim. I wanted to pick up some much needed groceries from Aeon Big.
 The late morning sky was clear.
Yesterday was the 1st day of the Aidilfitri celebration and the traffic was light along this road.
 From the look of the gray cloud, it might rain later in the day.
 Aidilfitri decorations at the main entrance of the shopping complex.
 Inside the mall.
 Pretty decorations seen from the 1st floor.
 Image captured from the 2nd floor.
 Decorations outside the Tokyo Kitchen, ground floor.
More Aidilfitri decoration
 I like this Aidilfitri decoration of a kampung (village) hourse.
After the mall, we stopped at the popular Assam Laksa stall in Falim. It is now more than 2 weeks since our trip to Penang and I am craving for Assam Laksa again.
So far, this is the yummiest Assam Laksa I have tasted in Ipoh.
This will do for now until my next trip to Penang.
I hope my plan will materialize.

Wives, fit in with your husbands' plans;
for then if they refuse to listen when you talk to them about the Lord,
they will be won by your respectful, pure behavior.
Your godly lives will speak to them better than any words.
(1 Peter 3:1-2, The Living Bible-TLB)

40 comments:

  1. Gorgeous skies in your photos, Nancy! And I love all the decorations. The food looks fabulous! I hope you have a great week ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shopping Center hanging decorations and the entrance are gorgeous!!! They are my favorite pictures of today's post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drooling over your assam laksa. I like the sour tang of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear. I am an Assam Laksa addict! Lol!

      Delete
  4. ...lots of exciting color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the decoration of the kampung...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I like it too. The kampung decoration never goes out of fashion. Have a good day!

      Delete
  6. All the decorations look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Drooling.. but then I have my cravings satisfied this afternoon.. hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So how was the laksa? Was it as good as the one in Farlim?

      Delete
  8. After looking at the places you went and the food you ate, i don't blame you for wanting more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We, Ipohites are always on the lookout for good food! Have a great day!

      Delete
  9. Hello, lovely morning sky. The decorations at the shopping area are pretty. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely mall, so colorful.

    I love your lunch too. You do eat so very well.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the decorations seen from the 1st floor, very pleasing green colour

    My house neighbourhood hawker centre got one stall selling Assam Laksa but I don't think I will try it cos I can't take spicy food

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby. I am the opposite, I love spicy food. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  12. Lots of bright colours makes everything look good. I like the decorations, very pretty. The food looks delicious and tasty. Well done Nancy some nice photography there. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bill. Have a wonderful day too!

      Delete
  13. Love that cloud shot where it looks like rain is moving in...and that shot inside from the second floor. Really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blessings

    Looks delicious, what is it exactly, from her I looks like a stew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is savoury fish soup noodles. The soup tastes sourish, savoury and sweet.

      Delete
  15. Seems like many decors this time are featuring village scenes. Nice to give the message to balik kampung.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful skies and I love that shopping mall. Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This mall is our regular. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  17. Thank you, Francisco. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you, dear. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So hard to find good assam laksa! I rate this as the hardest thing to get right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, Stacy. It all depends on our individual liking. Some are too sour, some the soup too dilute and some too spicy.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...