Monday 12 June 2017

Driving On The Expressway To Penang.

Last Saturday, 10th June was our travelling day to Penang. We have signed up to join the church's family camp that started from 10th - 12th June in Penang. I woke up early to water my plants even though it rained in the early morning but the rain was not heavy enough to thoroughly watered my plants. We are now going through very hot and humid season and I don't want to come back to find my plants all dried up! After watering my plants, we went out for breakfast.
 I bought one "horse foot" and one Chinese cruller (ma keok + yau chow kwai in Cantonese) to share with hubby. I like to eat these both items with a cup of hot unsweetened black coffee.
 Just as we sat down at our table, 2 cups of hot unsweetened black coffee were brought to our table. We are regulars at this coffee shop and the boss knows what we like.
 Then hubby ordered a plate of fried rice vermicelli and we both shared the noodle. After breakfast, we went home to prepare and to get ready for our journey to Penang.
 Together with our friends (another couple), we started our journey at about 10.30 am.
 That morning, we were blessed with nice cool weather. The sun was blocked by the mist the whole time we were on the expressway.
 This was on my left.
 A reminder - "please make sure that your Touch n Go card has enough balance"
 Entering the Menora Tunnel. It is 800 metre long tunnel on the North-South Expressway. It has 2 tunnels side by side for each direction and was officially opened in 1986. This tunnel was claimed to be haunted by many rumours.
Out of the tunnel and back in the open again.
It was smooth driving with light traffic all the way.
There was a slight drizzle for a short while.
Along the way, we were discussing where to stop for lunch.
Someone suggested seafood lunch at Simpang Ampat. 
I couldn't get the Waze app to work properly, so I switched to Google Maps to direct the way.
This is the place we were heading to for our lunch.
After exiting the expressway, we missed a junction even with the direction given. Lol! We ended up making a detour to reach our destination.
We reached Restoran Floating Seafood Paradise at about 12.40 pm. Just the right time for lunch.
We were on a floating restaurant.
While the others took care of the food orders, I went round taking photos.
The fishes intended for the kitchen were kept in this water surrounded by nets to prevent the fishes from escaping.
It is a non air-con. restaurant. 
A side view of the floating restaurant.
I saw some fishing boats on the other side of this restaurant.
This is the kitchen area preparing our lunch. I will show you what we ate for lunch in tomorrow's post.

Do not boast about tomorrow,
for you do not know what a day may bring.
(Proverbs 27:1, New International Version-NIV)

48 comments:

  1. I love your breakfast. Yummy.

    Wow on that tunnel. I love driving through tunnels.

    I'll be back tomorrow to see what you had for lunch.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. I don't like long tunnels. Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  2. You always eat well. I have never been to restaurant where the fish to be eaten were swimming around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yogi. Some restaurants keep their fishes alive in fish tanks. Have a good day!

      Delete
  3. It was wonderful to see some of your surroundings, what a lovely floating restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the scenery of the floating restaurant, very nice. The ma keok, we call it butterfly in SG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby. Butterfly is a nicer name for ma keok! Lol!

      Delete
  5. It looks a beautiful spot, a coupe of the photos will not load for me but all the others are just fine. Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After down loading the comment both photos then worked!!

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Diane. Sometimes the photos take a longer time to download.

      Delete
  6. Wow, a floating restaurant, this is so cool! the fish will be the most fresh anywhere. I love your misty mountain shots! and the big gold horse on the building, though I don't know what that has to do with fish or floating! We are having a bad heat wave here, too. Supposed to be over on Wednesday. The vermicelli looks amazing and abundant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. I guess the golden horse has something to do with their belief that it will bring good business.

      Delete
  7. Lovely post dear! Have a great week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful adventures you have! Both.in travels and culinary experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How is the tunnel haunted? I have not heard about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I remembered correctly, some claimed to have seen a car driving without a driver.

      Delete
    2. Oooooo, so scary!

      Delete
    3. Ha ha...so better avoid using the tunnel at night.

      Delete
  10. I would enjoy your breakfast very much. I enjoyed the scenes on the road, and your stop at the floating restaurant. Great post Nancy, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice drive to Penang. The floating restaurant looked serene and quiet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. I think the night view will be better with lights lighted up for the evening.

      Delete
  12. I love all your photos, Nancy, especially the water!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ...not much sunshine is your area today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the sky was grey. The sun was blocked out by the mist or cloud.

      Delete
  14. The places you go always fascinate me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an interesting place to eat...I am talking the floating restaurant. And I loved seeing part of your drive.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Never been there, Nancy.. next time show me? :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the looks of the restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a nice place. Something different from the normal restaurant.

      Delete
  18. The low lying mist over the hills is quite a sight to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, William. Yes, it is quite a sight! Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  19. I love open air restaurants like these. Such an adventure. Enjoy your trip, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. It was quite an experience eating here. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...