Monday 14 March 2022

Home Grown Ginger & Chicken With Raisin Wine Soup

Last month I harvested one pot of ginger and now I still have one more pot in the garden.

Recently, I noticed a ginger flower from one of the ginger plants.
 This is not the first time I have see edible ginger flower but this is the first time I get to see the colour of the flowers.
The flowers came from the ginger plants in this shallow pot (about 6 inches depth).
A few days later, I saw another ginger flower that came out from the side of the pot.
Some of the ginger rhizomes have appeared above the soil level.
I am looking forward to make pickled ginger with some of these rhizomes and the rest will be used for cooking.
~~~~~
Home cooked dinner
I used a lot of ginger to cook chicken with wine soup. 
Since I have 3 bottles of home made raisin wine, I used 1 bottle to cook the above chicken soup. This soup is good for warming up the body during cool, rainy days.
Ingredients used: Ginger slices, red dates, goji berries, chicken, a bottle of raisin wine and some salt to taste.
I love mee sua (noodle) with the chicken and wine soup.
Share the chicken + wine soup with my neighbour who enjoy it very much. 
The above is a Chinese art mural drawn on the wall surrounding the compound of a Chinese school.

Linking to Monday Mural.

You are my hiding place from every storm of life;
you even keep me from getting into trouble!
You surround me with songs of victory.
I will instruct you (says the Lord) and
guide you along the best pathway for your life;
I will advise you and watch your progress.
(Psalm 32:7-8, The Living Bible-TLB)

50 comments:

  1. Lindas flores, lindo mural y sopa muy rica. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginger flowers are pretty, the soup looks good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely ginger flower. Never heard of raisin wine before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Instead of using fresh grapes, I used raisins to make wine.

      Delete
  4. The buds almost look like pineapples.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I could taste some of your homegrown ginger. It must be super fresh and aromatic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried growing ginger once and didn't do well.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting to see your ginger growing Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done for growing your own ginger.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never seen a ginger plant and certainly did not expect it looks like this! Interesting! We take so much for granted (I do) and just grab the ginger without thinking how it made it´s way!
    Great mural, too.
    Wish pupils were that respectful towards their teachers here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The soup looks and sounds amazing! It's fun to cook home grown food.
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful ginger plant. I like ginger biscuits, and I like the smell, but otherwise not a big fan of ginger in food.
    Beautiful mural. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sami. I love ginger biscuits too.

      Delete
  12. I want to try planting ginger in pots. Your chicken soup with ginger must be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a seriously healthy ginger plant! I've not seen that normal ginger will produce a flower like that. Wonder if it can be eaten?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not tried eating ginger flower except the ones used for cooking laksa and which I don't like the smell.

      Delete
  14. I was mesmerized by the ginger flowers and rhizomes. That is a beautiful mural. It looks like everyone is happy in the mural, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have an amazing green thumb.

    Never heard of that soup before, but I would sure love to try it.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Have a great day and week.

      Delete
  16. Your ginger's flower is pretty and neat. When I was growing up in Thailand, I used to see the folks eating the flowers in their salads. Very healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, TM. I have read some articles that ginger flowers can be eaten but I am not sure which type.

      Delete
  17. I like the Hanfu in the Chinese art. Typical Chinese clothing. You must tell us how you made raisin wine. What is it, and how does it taste?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gigi. Instead of glutinous rice or grapes, I use raisins to make the wine.

      Delete
  18. You are so clever to grow your own Ginger. The ginger flower, can it be eaten? Your Chicken With Raisin Wine Soup must be so tasty. How do you make raisin wine? Maybe you can blog about making raisin wine to share with us. Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually ginger is easy to grow. I just replace the glutinous rice with raisins. I need to finish the wine before I can make a new batch of wine.

      Delete
  19. How wonderful to have your own home-grown ginger, the plant is amazing- Enjoy your food, have a great week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie. Have a great week too.

      Delete
  20. Nancy the success you have had with your ginger plants has motivated me to grow it in a pot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Norma. Hope your ginger plants grow well too.

      Delete
  21. Bonitas las flores y el mural. Un beso.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...