Wednesday 2 March 2022

Lui Cha Noodle, Fried Chicken, Stuffed Bitter Gourd & Brinjal

This was a Monday. 

Our morning walk started at 7:05am.
7:10am.
That morning we at breakfast at Kedai Kopi Sin Choy Yuen, Taman Pertama.
Hubby ordered fried rice vermicelli and I ordered the above "lui cha pan mee" or "thunder tea" noodle.
Lui Cha Pan Mee.
On the way home, I stopped to take a snapshot of the above wild mushrooms growing on a tree stump by the roadside. The wild mushrooms look like white oyster mushrooms.
Birds flying above us.
Corn plants growing in pots in my garden.
Figs from my garden.
That morning, I harvested this big purple custard apple from my garden.
These were harvested from my garden.
~~~~~
I went to the mini post office in Aeon Falim to renew my driving license. It was lunch time and we dined-in at Universe Chicken.
We ordered 2 sets of fried chicken.
We ordered the salted egg series with 2 pieces of drumsticks that includes potato fries and refillable soft drink @ RM16.90
And a ala carte set with 2 pieces of chicken thigh, original flavour @ RM12.90. Total cost including 6% service charge - RM31.59
~~~~~
The fastest way to use up the white bitter gourds and brinjals harvested from my garden is to stuff them with minced port + fish paste.
We ate the whole plate (above) for dinner without any rice.
We had Kewpie roasted sesame dressing and Thai chili as dippings.
Sunset sky at 7:30pm.
Sunset sky at 7:32pm.

Today is the 1st day of the Lent 40 days prayer and fasting.
HAVE A BLESSED ASH WEDNESDAY!


But when you pray, go away by yourself, all alone,
and shut the door behind you and pray to your Father secretly,
and your Father, who knows your secrets, will reward you.
(Matthew 6:6, The Living Bible-TLB)

40 comments:

  1. We have lei cha here, VERY popular...but available once a week only. Always sold out. However, I never acquired the taste for it, not something down my alley.
    Your yong tofu looks good, never tried making and frying our own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, STP. Yes, it is an acquired taste. My hubby wouldn't touch it.

      Delete
  2. The morning sky and your breakfast looks amazing! Happy to see your garden harvest.
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What on earth is Thunder Tea?? Custard Apples used to be something you would never get in SA, but I have actually seen two shops this year that stocked them.

    Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thunder tea is the direct translation of the "Lui Cha" which is the green soup consisting of blended herbs.

      Delete
  4. I´ve never seen such an apple! Is it sweet?
    Hmmm, the chicken looks super-yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the custard apple is sweet and soft, not crunchy like the apples.

      Delete
  5. thank you for your sharing, I love Fried Chicken, even if it will make me fat, but happiness is the most important! I also love bang wigs


    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning sky shots are fantastic, Nancy. Love that purple custard apple...really special!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...I'm amazed by all of the things that you grow in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom. That is why I enjoy gardening.

      Delete
  8. The wild mushrooms look so pretty. Are they safe to eat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know whether they are safe to eat or not and I dare not even try.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful sunrise, beautiful food. Yummy. My stomach is growling.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those mushrooms look like dainty flowers. I like bitter gourds, stuffed with pork hash here in Hawaii. Delicious when served hot from the pan.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The mushrooms are so pretty, they are like flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like lui Cha Noodle. How is the taste of salted egg yolk Fried Chicken? Nice? I counted above 21 pieces of Stuffed Bitter Gourd & Brinjal in total. Wah, even without rice, I don't think I could eat 11 pieces. You both must be very full after that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha...full but not very full. Some of the stuffed bitter gourds were very small pieces.

      Delete
  13. very yummy

    https://www.alyinwanderland.com/2022/02/cute-grunge.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. The skies are so pretty and your garden is very bountiful. The dipping sauces look especially good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your okras are very long. All vegetables are growing well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thai chili to go with the fried stuff sounds good! Oh mine, i am eyeing on the piece of fried chicken! Thigh is my favourite part of the chicken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Libby, thanks for visiting. Thigh is more meaty than drumstick.

      Delete
  17. Your sunrise photos are magnificent! And now I am very hungry looking at your meals of the day! Plus I am envious of your very GREEN thumb! Wonderful meals waiting to be made! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have some amazing sunrises and sunsets to greet and end your day. That purple custard apple sounds so good, and I'm wondering if it's ever sold in the US. Corn in pots...I would like to try, but am wondering about the pot size. Does corn grow well for you in that size of pot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yvonne. The bigger the pot, the better. The previous time I tried, the corns were quite well form on the cobs and I did get to enjoy the corns.

      Delete
  19. I finally located a lei cha stall near my house. But nobody else would eat it!

    The fried chicken looks nice and crispy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Stacy. I am the only one in my family that enjoys lei cha.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...