Friday 15 July 2022

Gunung Rapat Chee Cheong Fun & Tai Bao

I couldn't remember why we cancelled our morning walk on this particular morning. It was about 6:45am when we drove out to Gunung Rapat.

Morning sky at 6:59am. 


7.05am
7:06am
~~~~~
Someone told us of a stall selling steamed rice noodle (chee cheong fun) by the roadside in Gunung Rapat. We were told that this stall enjoys good business and the noodle is very nice. We found the stall on the left side of the road, in front of the church.
Price list and contact number.
They cater mostly takeaway business because there is only 1 foldable table with 2 plastic chairs for those who wants to eat there. Since the table and chairs were available, we chose to eat there.
While we sat and waited to be served, it is true that they were very busy with their takeaway business.
We waited and were served after 7 to 8 minutes of waiting.
We both ordered small portion to try, RM2.70 each.
Hubby wanted the plain noodle served with only the shallot oil, soy sauce, sesame seeds, crispy shallots and picked green chili.
I ordered the same but requested for sweet sauce and curry gravy.
Our review: Taste good but we still prefer the one in Canning Garden.
Plus, we were not comfortable sitting by the roadside.
Since we were in the same vicinity, we came here for our coffee fix and also might as well ordered the steamed big bun (tai bao) to share. We don't usually come to Gunung Rapat for breakfast.
Delicious tai bao.
Forgot the price but compared to other place, this is still reasonable.
I couldn't resist ordering this deep fried prawn dumplings.
As we sat there enjoying what we had ordered, we could hear the seller informing their customers that the steamed big buns (tai bao) were all sold out. Checking the time, it was only 7:35am.
Heliconia psittacorum.
I took this snapshot in my sister's garden. This plant can be very invasive. It spread through their underground roots or rhizomes.


Listen to me, my people, my chosen ones!
I alone am God. I am the First; I am the Last.
It was my hand that laid the foundations of the earth;
the palm of my right hand spread out the heavens above;
I spoke and they came into being.
(Isaiah 48:12-13, The Living Bible-TLB)

43 comments:

  1. Goodness, this place really IS right on the road!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, on the side of the road. Safer to take away.

      Delete
  2. the tai bao sold out quite fast....must be good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pao looks good. And the fried wantons too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both steamed bun and the fried dumplings! What's in the bun? Pork or chicken?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember eating pork. Some big bao has chicken too but can't remember if there was chicken in this one.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful sky and oh, the plam trees!
    I love that stall. Impossible in Germany! Rules, rules and more rules!
    The plant looks nice. Here still nothing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have rules but not as many or as strict as some countries.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful view and delicious food :-)
    Beauty and Fashion/Glamansion/Rampdiary

    ReplyDelete
  7. No wonder the steamed Tai Bao were sold out. The one one the plate looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning views of the sky! Despite being a roadside stall, I hope they sell hygienic food. I prefer takeaway than to eat there.
    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hygiene wise looks alright. Yes, better to takeaway than to eat.

      Delete
  9. I like the food, especially the bao, which I have not had in a long time. Too bad it was not a regular restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to come to where you live and go out and eat with you. Yummy.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Yes, you are welcome to join us. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  11. Awesome sky shots and what yummy sounding food ~ Wow! ~ Xo

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  12. Great food!! Even if it is a roadside stall.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Even without your morning walk you captured some beautiful sky photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Captured from our moving car. Thank you and have a beautiful weekend.

      Delete
  14. Thank you Nancy for the beautiful sky photos. The Gunung Rapat Chee Cheong Fun looks soft. I like to eat soft ccf. The Tai Bao must be very tasty to sell out so early. Is there a hard boiled egg in the Tai Bao?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I remember correctly, yes, there is a hard boiled egg or a half boiled egg in it.

      Delete
  15. I know why you didn't go on your morning walk. Sleeping in . LOL
    have a great day nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I think you are right. Probably woke up a bit late and got a good excuse. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  16. I wouldn't be comfortable sitting there either to eat. Nice morning sky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If ever there is a 2nd time, we will take away the food.

      Delete
  17. Wow, your sister’s Heliconia is stunning! In Finland it is being sold at florist shops. It is nice to try new restaurants, but of course they do not always appeal. I agree that eating at the roadside is not pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The skies were cloudy but pretty that morning. If you like the other noodles just as well or better, it's not worth going all that way i would imagine.

    Why are invasive plants so often pretty? You get tricked into planting them because they look so nice then they take over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. I planted this plant in my garden because of its beauty but later, had a hard time digging out all the roots to rid it from my garden.

      Delete
  19. Bonitas fotografía del cielo. La flor es preciosa. Besos.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...