Saturday 2 July 2022

Stewed Pork Leg Noodle & Crispy Wanton Noodle For Breakfast

This was a Tuesday morning. After morning walk, we drove to #884, Jalan Queen, Pasir Pinji for breakfast.

Hubby ordered the stewed pork leg noodle.
He likes it very much.
I wanted to try something new so I ordered the above.
Something like wat tan hor but it is not.
The gravy is not as thick as wat tan hor.
 The gravy with slices of fish cake, fish and meat balls, meat, egg and green vegetable was poured over the crispy fried wonton noodle.
Hubby ordered unsweetened black coffee and I ordered iced coffee.
~~~~~
The best way to use up the small white bitter gourds is to make stuffed bitter gourds.
I made a big plate of stuffed bitter gourd.
This can be eaten as a snack.
I made ginger pickle with the newly harvest ginger from my garden. Since I had extra vinegar and sugar syrup, I also made white bitter gourd pickles for the first time.
The ginger and bitter gourd pickles and roasted sesame dressing from Kewpie served as condiments and dipping sauce.
That evening, I made plain rice porridge and the above was our dinner for 2 people.
~~~~~
The following photos were taken at the Gunung Lang Recreational Park.
I used Google Lens to identify this bird and it identified it as a Peafowl.
Please do correct me if it is wrongly identified.
We saw a pair in the cage. This one was perched where I could get a clearer snapshot.
This looks its egg on the ground inside the cage.
Beautiful and colourful feathers.
A sculpture of an eagle.


God protected them in the howling wilderness
As though they were the apple of his eye.
He spreads his wings over them,
Even as an eagle overspreads her young.
She carries them upon her wings -
As does the Lord his people!
(Isaiah 40:29-31, The Living Bible-TLB)

44 comments:

  1. Hello Nancy,:=) It is 6-15 am here in Portugal, and it looks like it's going to be a lovely day. I have already been outside to feed the birds, and feel so much better. Thank you for your kind well wishes.

    Your hubby's breakfast looks delicious. Stewed pork, is one of my favourite meals, especially with noodles. The large bird is a Peahen, the female of the Peacock. I like the sculpture of the eagle, it's beautifully fashioned.

    Have a great weekend.:=)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful to have you back with us again. The morning fresh water is good for us. Have a great new week.

      Delete
  2. Yes, it's a peafowl. The food looks delish as always. I would like to try that stuffed bitter gourd with rice porridge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Nancy for your post to liven up our Saturday. My spouse would also prefer the Stewed Pork Leg Noodle over the Crispy Wanton Noodle. As for your dinner, Can drink many bowls of congee with your appetising ginger and bitter gourd pickles. Yes, from the looks of the bird, it is a peafowl. Did you ask any staff there about the egg? Is the egg there to be hatched by the bird?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was no staff around for us to ask question about the egg.

      Delete
  4. Ooooo...the stewed pork leg noodle looks gorgeous! Yours look good too!!! The pheasant laid an egg? How exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the egg will hatch and they will have a baby!

      Delete
  5. Hello Nancy,
    Your meals look yummy, the pork with noodles would be my favorite. Pretty Peacock, I wonder if the egg will hatch. Love the Eagle sculpture. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your weekend. PS, thanks for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen. I do hope the egg will hatch and their numbers will increase.

      Delete
  6. It is a real shame to see that beautiful, large bird imprisoned in that cage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only they have a bigger space and more freedom for these birds.

      Delete
  7. I prefer your breakfast as I love fish cake. I should go to Malaysia to eat your food. Lol. We see peacocks at the zoo. Beautiful feathers! Gigi hawaii

    ReplyDelete
  8. The crispy noodle is what I usually order for tomato noodle over here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The food looks delicious. I feel a little sorry for the bird in the cage. Have a nice Sunday:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sad for the birds. They have lost their freedom.

      Delete
  10. The Eagle sure is beautiful and it's neat that you could get an id for your peafowl. Love your yummy dishes this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to Google Lens which helps with the identification.

      Delete
  11. Not my type of breakfast but nice photos

    ReplyDelete
  12. The dishes sure look tasty Nancy. I'm back form a vacation on a cottage. I just needed a good rest.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you had a good rest during your vacation. We miss your post and good to have you back with us again.

      Delete
  13. There is so much good food where you live, i would be tempted to always eat more than i should and get too fat!

    Those are beautiful peafowl, i believe the one is a male, or peacock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. You are right, I am finding hard to lose weight.

      Delete
  14. You've got yummy food, oh my! The stuff bitter gourd is what I like to try. Hope you can share the recipe. I love all your photos, once again, Nancy! Thanks for the loving reminder from the Bible that we are cared for by God!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ms Donyarific. You can search for a detailed recipe on the internet. Just type stuffed bitter gourd recipe, Chinese or Asian style.

      Delete
  15. The Peafowl is very beautiful with such colorful feathers. I am craving for the stewed pork leg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, PH. Have a wonderful new week.

      Delete
  16. The white bitter gourd pickle looks very classy. Should look nicer served in a dark-coloured bowl?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy. I don't have dark coloured plate or bowl.

      Delete
  17. I always love to eat crispy noodles with gravy. It's crunchy and nice to chew.

    I just learnt from you that it is peafowl bird. I saw them in the zoos in China!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I learned it from Google. Lol! It is a beautiful bird.

      Delete
  18. Muy buena tu comida. Feliz mes de julio.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...