Monday 25 July 2022

Seafood Tom Yam Noodle & Savoury Long Bean Rice

This was a public holiday. Started our morning walk late because we woke up late.

Morning sky at 7:15am.
7:20am
After morning walk, we stopped at Kedai Kopi Sin Choi Yuen for breakfast.
I ordered the above Seafood Tom Yam noodle (RM10).
Hubby ordered his usual fried noodle (RM6). No photo to show.
There were clams (lala), fish paste, 3 big prawns, tomato, green vegetable and rice vermicelli. An appetizing bowl of noodle to start off the day.
Walking home after breakfast at 8:10am.
~~~~~
Since it was a public holiday, our neighbours did some shopping and bought the following 2 items for us.
2 tubs of tofu fa.
One with ginger syrup and one with palm sugar.
And Chinese fruit rojak.
Very nice with lots of crushed peanuts.
~~~~~
Home cooked dinner.
Hubby went to visit his friend who recently had a knee surgery and the friend's wife gave him a bundle of home grown long beans.
I used two thirds of the long beans to cook steamed savoury rice.
Ingredients used: chopped garlic, diced shiitake mushroom, diced roast pork, diced cuttlefish, oyster sauce, soy sauce, black sauce, cooking oil, sesame oil, long beans and brown rice. I stir-fried the ingredients till fragrant before transferring to the above pot, add water and steamed till the rice is cooked.
Sambal belacan with lime juice as condiment.
It was a delicious dinner and I couldn't resist having 2 helpings of the rice.
There was enough leftover for the next day's lunch.
I tried to but I couldn't remember when I found this mural.
Hornbills painted on the sealed windows looks like framed paintings of hornbills.

Linking to Monday Mural.

Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so that
there will be food enough in my Temple;
if you do, I will open up the windows of heaven for you
and pour out a blessing so great you won't have room
enough to take it in! "Try it! Let me prove it to you!
(Malachi 3:10, The Living Bible-TLB)

38 comments:

  1. ...Nancy, you found a lovely mural, I like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fruit rojak looks so delicious loaded with peanuts! Beautiful morning sky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A yummy food galore - and beautiful murals, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting long bean rice, never seen anything like it before. Must be very nice, so many ingredients! Seafood tom yam looks good too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dinner looks yum!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mural is so colorful and pretty! I especially like the Hornbill!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It doesn't matter when you found the mural. I think it's beautiful, it makes me happy

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like the colour of the mural and the flora/fauna theme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very colourful and pretty mural. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice post :) thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely capture of the mural, and I liked those frames on the hornbills! You made a bowl of delicious rice with the long beans that resemble vegetable biryani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeevan. Vegetable biryani sounds yummy.

      Delete
  12. I would order the sea food just like you Nancy. It sure looked good.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummy food. I'm coming over.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Have a great day and week.

      Delete
  14. Your food is always amazing to me. I love that mural you found.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ricos fideos y buen mural. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you Nancy for sharing about your day. I like all your food especially the seafood noodles. Your home made long bean dish must be extremely appetising for u to eat more rice. The mural painting is very nice as it has very refreshing colour. Did you ask your husband whether he remembers this mural location or not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. Ha ha ha...no need to ask because he usually waits in the car while I get down to snap photos.

      Delete
  17. Seafood noodles got me salivating!

    I'm not used to long bean rice. Yam and pumpkin I'm fine, but long beans get overcooked in rice like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually cook yam rice but have not tried pumpkin rice yet. Surprisingly, we enjoyed the long bean rice and it is the first time I cooked it.

      Delete
  18. It all looks so good, and i like the murals.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...