Friday 29 July 2022

Steamed Glutinous Rice Chicken (Loh Mai Kai) With Thick Curry Gravy

We resumed our morning walk after 3 days of rest because hubby was feeling a bit tired probably due to the hot weather.

We set out at about 6:45am.
6:48am
7:25am
7:30am
Driving out for breakfast.
7:42am
7:45am
Breakfast at Kedai Kopi Yee Fatt, Jalan Kampar, Ipoh.
Full house at 7:55am on a weekday.
Business is getting back to normal.
After 2 times of disappointment, I finally get to order the glutinous rice with chicken. Once it was sold out and another time, it was not ready.
The loh mai kai has 2 pieces of bbq pork (char siew) on top of a piece of chicken.
 I requested for the thick curry gravy to be served separately.
I added more thick curry gravy as I ate.
The glutinous rice was well cooked.
Hubby ordered dry curry noodle with thick curry gravy.
We enjoyed this noodle with the thick curry gravy but some of my friends don't like it. This is the only place I will order dry curry noodle.
~~~~~
Flowers we passed by on our morning walk.
Deep pink ixora
Fragrant Rangoon Creeper or Chinese Honeysuckle flowers.


The Lord is good and glad to teach
the proper path to all who go astray;
he will teach the ways that are right and
best to those who humbly turn to him.
And when we obey him, every path he guides us on
is fragrant with his loving-kindness and his truth.
(Psalm 25:8-10, The Living Bible-TLB)

32 comments:

  1. the dry curry noodles looks so tempting. I would order that too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is our favourite but on this occasion, I wanted to taste the loh mai kai.

      Delete
  2. Chinese Honeysuckle, they are gorgeous!!! Do they smell really good, like other kinds?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. Oh yes, they smell good.

      Delete
  3. That looks so cheerful a place to eat in!
    Cliché, but it reminds me of Chinese New Year in Perth.
    Your disappointment reason #1 sounds good. We were disappointed twice cause the food was crap.
    Beautiful flowers, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Iris. Some shops are decorated with red lanterns and give a festive look.

      Delete
  4. Never had lor mai kai with curry gravy. I wonder what that would taste like. I probably would not want to eat the two together - lor mai kai on its own, curry gravy with plain rice...or nyonya yellow rice (pulut kunyit)..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The loh mai kai on its own is nice. I think this is the only place that serves loh mai kai with the curry gravy as per request by their customers.

      Delete
  5. The flowers are lovely, as are the dramatic sky photos! Someday, I'd like to try glutinous rice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, resting for three days! Home is the best place in this heat. The sky, the food, and the flowers are not going anywhere; they'll be there for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Duta. After 3 days of rest, it is good to be out walking again in the early morning.

      Delete
  7. You really outdid yourself on this post, great skies, outstanding food and great blooms.
    Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Nancy for the photos of the morning sky. I like to eat Steamed Glutinous Rice Chicken With just a small bit of Thick Curry Gravy. Did you finish all the thick curry gravy that was in the small bowl?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I couldn't finish the curry gravy and left behind about a third of it.

      Delete
  9. A beautiful sunrise. I like "6:48am"!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful captures. It's been very hot this week where I live and I'm sleeping a lot like your husband. Enjoy your weekend. Hopefully you will have some nice breezes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joyful. I seldom sleep in the afternoon. If I do, I will have sleepless night.

      Delete
  11. What a clever idea to eat glutinous rice with thick curry gravy. I must eat this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to try. Without trying, you wouldn't know whether you like it or not.

      Delete
    2. Hi Nancy. Thanks for your comments in my blog. However I only saw it on my email notifications but your comments didn't appear on my blog. Isn't that strange?? Lolol

      Delete
    3. Yes, I also notice strange things happening with blogger.

      Delete
  12. Those are beautiful flowers, and it looks like a good meal to me. Hope your husband continues to feel better and take walks, it's so healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. Hubby is already back to taking walks.

      Delete
  13. Esas flores son preciosas. Espero que tu marido se encuentre bien. Besos.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...