Thursday 27 November 2014

Healing Herb In The Garden

On Tuesday morning, we got into our friend's car and drove to Taiping for a day's trip to visit her parents and at the same time to revisit Taiping town after a long, long time. After about an hour's drive, we arrived at my friend's hometown. We drove straight to her parent's home to invite her mom out for breakfast with us. I will call her mom, Auntie Ooi.

While waiting for Auntie Ooi to get ready, we spent time looking at the plants in her garden. A plant caught my attention and I went to take a closer look. It turned out to be a very short cili padi plant. Isn't it cute and pretty? Some more so fruitful. I must remind my friend to get some seeds from Auntie Ooi.
The plant in the next picture is a thorny plant with bright beautiful flowers and one of Euphorbia Milii's family, also called Crown of Thorns. Auntie Ooi very generously dug up two baby plants for me to take home. Thank you so much Auntie Ooi and God bless you!

These little green plants (below) were growing all over the garden especially under the shades. I was told that these are planted for medicinal values and they are know as "Rodent Yam". These plants have high medicinal values, claimed able to heal cancer and many other health problems as well. Of course, they have to be processed and mixed with other herbs to be effective. So sorry, I do not know the "wonder cure" concoction.
While I was busy looking at the herbs and asking questions about their uses, I sensed that I was being watched from behind. I turned around and I noticed this white, grayish cat looking intently at us from afar under this big satellite dish. Seemed like it was just waiting for the right moment to attack its prey (me)! Oh no..... I think it does not like me eyeing the plants in the garden. So off we went looking for our overdue breakfast .... our tummies were growling away!
We droved to Jalan Kota, parked the car and came to this corner coffee shop (right pic.)
This is the side view (left pic.) and the front view (right pic.)
We ordered four pieces of fresh spring rolls (popiah) - very tasty popiahs. What about the plate of fried koay teow? Thumbs up! It looked good, it smelled good and it tasted good! Everyone was nodding their head with approval.
Pie Tee is one of my favourite snack. I just love them especially topped with "sambal". I really missed these Pie Tees. I ordered this black coffee with ice or Kopi-O ice. It tasted just like the coffee of the good old days, the taste of original coffee. With our tummies taken care of, we took a leisure drive around Taiping town and to take some snap shots.

Better to be a nobody and yet have a servant
than pretend to be somebody and have no food.
(Proverbs 12:9, New International Version-NIV)

17 comments:

  1. All the food looks so delicious & all are my favourites. The chilli padi, short & fat, must be very hot. We used to have chilli padi in our garden and most of the time, it ends up eaten by the birds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha if I want my chili padi, I will have to pluck them early before there are taken by the birds.

      Delete
    2. Hi Irene, please do remember to follow me in my Followers Box. Thank you

      Delete
    3. Alright, Nancy. Thanks!!!!

      Delete
  2. Wa...so now you have two new plants in your garden ;p got space anot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha that's the problem...I think I will have to use my garden wall as well....crazy me!

      Delete
  3. Next time I will try out this Jalan Kota... food looks good!! The cat is eyeing you? oh noooo.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the cat eyes were fixed on me leh! Probably not happy the owner digging her plants for me lo.

      Delete
  4. How come there are so many big satelite dishes in the garden? Hahaha, you are really good, can feel the cat's eyes on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too asked the same question about the satellite...to receive many channels from far and wide...

      Delete
  5. Nancy, so you now have a new addition to your garden :) That popiah and char koay teow look very good. I would have ordered that as well hee..hee...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I have a problem, don't know where to put my new addition...must try to make room in my little garden.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The food looks nice, and I love the Scripture.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...