Monday 10 November 2014

Hibiscus

Introducing to you my Hibiscus plants.

Today I will be sharing with you my Hibiscus plants. There are only three types of Hibiscus plants in my garden.

There are many varieties of Hibiscus with bright colourful flowers of different sizes. Hibiscus grow well in warm tropical climate. Hibiscus are woody shrubs and are often planted as hedges and for their very attractive flowers. Various species represent nations as their national flower, e.g. Malaysia.
This is my pink miniature Hibiscus. The flowers are very cute and pretty. It doesn't matter whether the flowers are big or small. Even the butterflies are attracted to these little flowers.

But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body,

every one of them, just as He wanted them to be.

If they were all one part, where would the body be?

As it is, there are many parts, but one body.

(1 Corinthians 12:18-20)
This is my bright red Hibiscus. You can see that the leaves of this plant are like "batik" prints. The attractive flowers are sometimes worn behind the ears as decoration. Hibiscus flowers are edible, can be served as tea - hot or cold, with high content in vitamin C, etc. It is also claimed to be able to prevent high cholesterol. (I think I need to try it out for myself.)
And finally, this is my deep beige, multi-layered petals Hibiscus.
Hibiscus flowers in my garden never fail to attract the birds and butterflies.

Thank you.
Come back again to find out what I will be sharing in my next post.

8 comments:

  1. Now only I know there are few types of hibiscus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I like the last hibiscus :) like a tango dancer dress :) I got no place to plant them or I will come rummage your garden :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can always pass you some cuttings from the plant...go find some space.

      Delete
  3. We have lots of hibiscus here, some of the blooms are bugger then your head! I like your beige one, it is so fancy and frilly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How i wish I could feast on my eyes on them.

      Delete
  4. I wanted to plant a bunga raya plant but till now never gotten to it. Yours are really blooming well. So pretty the flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...