Saturday 4 July 2015

Lunch At Yue Kee Roast Goose Restaurant, Sham Tseng, N.T., Hong Kong

Hong Kong, Day 1 - Lunch

Our Hong Kong hosts have already planned where to take us for our first lunch in Hong Kong, especially to have us taste their well-known roast goose. So here we were at Sham Tseng (Deep Well) Yue Kee Roast Goose Restaurant. It is located along one of the narrow lane behind the main road in Sham Tseng, N.T., Hong Kong.

We were all seated comfortably and ready to taste our first Hong Kong meal. With my old faithful camera in hand, I was ready to feed my camera with all the delicious Hong Kong food. We were definitely hungry after 6 to 7 hours since our early breakfast at KLIA2!
First, I want to thank everyone of my group members and of course our hosts for being so understanding and patient with me and my camera. Right from the start, my friend introduced me as a blogger and they patiently waited for me to snap photos of every dish. They made sure my camera has been fed before anyone of us could partake of the food! Praise the Lord! I am indeed so touched and grateful! And our hosts even did their best in introducing the dishes to me.
First dish was Angled Loofah vegetable (Seng Kua in Cantonese) cooked with minced meat, preserved/salted vegetable and egg. I can't remember whether it was normal egg or century egg.

Hong Kong is famous for Roast Goose. One whole roast goose divided into two plates. My first time tasting Hong Kong delicious roast goose.

To some this roast goose is still not considered the best in Hong Kong.

Next was the Goose Innards dish, consisting of wings, gizzards, goose web feet, intestines (centre) and the top I am not sure what it was.

Special Soup, very flavourful, but I have to skim off some of the oil from the top.

The remaining ingredients of the soup. We were too full to eat any of these.

Green Amaranth vegetable with both salted and century egg in superior soup.

Braised Goose Intestine on top of Bean Sprouts. Compared to Ipoh's fat, short and crunchy bean sprouts, these were thin, long and stringy bean sprouts. I have to remove the fat first before eating the intestine. One piece is enough for me.

Deep Fried Squids on Raw Purple Cabbage.

Deep Fried Szechuan Style Malat Har Kau (Big Prawns) and dried chili.

This was what remained after a hearty and delicious lunch for 12 people.
The front portion of Yue Kee Roast Goose Restaurant.

Big live grouper fishes swimming in the fish tank.

The restaurant business card with address and contact numbers.

If you are interested, here is the layout and direction written in Chinese.

After lunch, we were taken to the apartments to keep our bags and rest awhile. Our group of 9 people was separated into two groups. One apartment to host 6 people and another to host 3 people. As you know the apartments in Hong Kong are not very spacious and we were blessed with a comfortable apartment.
This was the view that greeted me from our bedroom window.

The aparments and tall rise buildings are well planned and equipped with recreation gardens, playgrounds and facilities for their residents.

Above all, clothe yourselves with love,
which binds us all together in perfect harmony.
And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts.
For as members of one body you are called to live in peace.
And always be thankful.
(Colossians 3:15, New Living Translation-NLT)

56 comments:

  1. Nice lunch. Can see that the food on the table almost swept clean, must be delicious. Roast goose looks juicy but the soup is a bit that oily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The roast goose is good and juicy. The soup is a bit oily but very tasty.

      Delete
  2. A table full of food, yum! Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hong Kong is famous for its delicious food!

      Delete
  3. I feel full just looking at the food. It is so different than what we are used to here. They use every parts of the goose unlike us. I can only eat a little plate of food and I feel full. It looks like you had fun with your group.
    Have a nice day Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that the food we eat are so different from yours. Even the way the food is cooked is quite different from Malaysia.

      Delete
  4. Nancy your food looks interesting but is it delicious!! The apartments are the same as in my place!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can say that the food is delicious. I guess all high rise apartments look almost alike?

      Delete
  5. wow this dishes are really very delicious

    www.bravehear247.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Anthony, thank you for visiting. Have a great day!

      Delete
  6. I love the Deep Fried Squids and the Deep Fried Szechuan Style Malat Har Kau (big prawns) but you lost me with the Goose Innards dish. Here I almost lost my stomach. Sorry Nancy. After seeing the table, I wondered what does a dinner like this cost? I wondered.
    Thank you for such an interesting dinner my friend. See ya.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! It is alright, Paul. I understand that the food shown here is so different from your country. I am not sure of the cost of the lunch. It was taken care of by our leader.

      Delete
  7. What a feast. I knew you'd have some awesome food and you didn't disappoint.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope our food here does not scare you off! Some of the food may look weird to you.

      Delete
  8. That sure is/was a bunch of food...it appears that everyone enjoyed it.

    Lovely verse to close with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure our group enjoyed the food. I did try out some of the food, some of them are not to my taste like the fatty intestine.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Hi, Theresa. Yes, its lot & lot of food!!! Wait till u see my other postings!

      Delete
  10. Looks wonderful, although not too keen on the idea of goose innards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I am also not keen on the goose innards, the rest are delicious!

      Delete
  11. great post as usual! Have a nice weekend :)

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. i have not tasted roast goose in HK but I heard that they are delicious! Good that you get to taste and enjoy the duck meal. For dish 1, from the photo, I could not see any century eggs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mun, I was trying to recall whether it was century egg or normal egg. I think the century egg was for the Green Amaranth dish.

      Delete
  13. Sound so great:) kiss
    http://denimakeup95.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  14. The roast goose sounds and looks very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is also very delicious and yummy! Happy Sunday!

      Delete
  15. Looks like a great lunch, and I love the fish tank, Nancy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, the fish tanks and big live fishes swimming in them are a common sight in Hong Kong.

      Delete
  16. I wish to visit Hong Kong some days. Sight seeing and food hunting love that roasted goose. Lovely lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For Asian food lovers, Hong Kong is a good place to go to. Besides roasted goose, there are many other yummy food to try out.

      Delete
  17. Hey Nancy, can I follow your food group next time? Love this type of food adventure anytime!! I like the picture of the food remaining.. The three pairs of elbows on the table looks cute... Lol...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Claire, would love to include you if there is another chance of this kind of food adventure hahaa. Two pairs of elbows belong to our Hong Kong hosts. I guess they were satisfied with the almost empty plates on the table...showing how much we love Hong Kong food..hahahaaa...

      Delete
  18. Hi Nancy, wow... all the HK food look really good especially the roast goose.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Have a beautiful Sunday, regards.
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amelia, They are good, especially the roast goose! Lovely Sunday to you!

      Delete
  19. It is so great your friend said you were a blogger :) It's interesting to see different food, I have to say I'm probably familiar with only roasted goose... it's amazing to find out new dishes :) xx Maja
    ❤ http://majasmuffin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand that most of our Asian food may not look familiar to you. For me, it is my first experience tasting goose innards, etc.

      Delete
  20. The roast goose looks really yummy, it must be so different from what we eat in Europe !
    Keep well Nancy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Noushka. Our Asian food do look different to you. Happy Sunday!

      Delete
  21. Nancy, another round, you organise a blogger's trip oversea, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, I wish I could but I am only a follower hahaa! We must get a more seasoned traveller to be our organiser!

      Delete
  22. Nancy, that's a lot of very good food! Wish I were there hee..hee...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phong Hong, wait till you see my coming Hong Kong food posts! You will be amazed!

      Delete
  23. Hello Nancy, now that looks like a lot of food. I am sure it was delicious too. I like the view from your apartment. Thanks for sharing your lunch and time in Hong Kong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen. It was a great lunch!

      Delete
  24. My what a feast! Do you get to bring home leftovers?
    ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed a big feast for us. This time no leftovers were taken home.

      Delete
  25. Hi Nancy,
    A hearty lunch indeed with good food (but minus those innards dishes... hee hee!) I've tasted HK roast goose ... BIG ! bigger than roast duck when I had short trip there some years ago. I'm drooling over that plate of Deep Fried Szechuan Style Malat Har Kau.
    Aha! HK dim sum is a must.
    Looks like you enjoy your HK trip :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen. We both are not lovers of innards dishes..lol! Yes, yes, we had the dim sum, definitely not to be missed. Will be posting up the dim sum too.

      Delete
  26. I think I can try all of those dishes except for the Goose Innards dish (consisting of wings, gizzards, goose web feet, intestines) and the Braised Goose Intestine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lili, I myself am not keen on the innards as well but I managed to try a bit of everything. At least for this time, I considered myself quite adventurous, willing to taste whatever was laid before me.

      Delete
  27. The goose-y dishes look so special! I love the way they 'partitioned' the innards separately. (Ya ya I'm a fan of innards)

    Everyone's beansprouts sure kalah to Ipoh ones hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, so you are a fan of innards? Then I am sure you would love this dish. I am okay with this dish but not the fatty intestines dish!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...