Friday 31 July 2015

A Visit To Nan Lian Garden #2, Hong Kong

Hong Kong, Day 5 - Nan Lian Garden #2.

Today's post is a continuation of Nan Lian Garden #1.
If you have missed post #1, click here to visit and enjoy.
As we walked along the garden route, we get to enjoy the ever-changing scenery on both sides.
The rocks in the garden are both imported and from local site.

Priceless items on exhibit.

No photography is allowed in the Chinese Timber Architecture Gallery. The gallery was dimly lit.

The landscape garden is not complete without rocks.

Workers busy at work maintaining the garden.

A Pavilion in the centre of the Lotus Pond.

Beautiful view of the greens, water and pond.

Recyclable timber bin with 3 compartments.

Another Pavilion giving shelter to visitors from the hot sun.

Pavilion Bridge - functioning both as a pavilion and a bridge.

The souvenir and snack shop where we dropped by for a rest and refreshing drink.

A long building with connecting corridor built at the pond side.
The steps leading to Chi Lin Nunnery.

I walked towards the wall and looked over it. And I realized that I was standing over Fung Tak road.

Took this photo from where I was standing on the bridge.

Behind me was a female worker at work.




We only walked up to the main entrance. Took this photo on my left from the entrance gate roof.
Centre view from the entrance gate.
Our host brought to our attention that the wooden structure of the roof were joined without using any nail.
Took this photo on my right from the entrance gate.

I walked up to the pond to take a closer look and quickly return to the shade. Here ended our garden tour and we were off to some sightseeing.

A skyscraper towering over us.

Linking to Skywatch Friday.

Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer.
From the ends of the earth I call to You,
I call as my heart grows faint;
lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For You have been my refuge,
a strong tower against the foe.
(Psalm 61:1-3, New International Version-NIV)

32 comments:

  1. Such a stunning garden, what a beautiful place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Indeed its a very stunning and beautiful garden.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful, Nancy! Here in Montreal, we have the Botanical Gardens, and there is a Chinese and Japanese Garden...your photos remind me of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, I too love to visit the Chinese and Japanese garden.

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed those photos, nice of you to share!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy it is so beautifully located in a big city. What did the workers do in the garden?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gosia, I noticed the workers tending to the grass in one picture and the other water was brushing or cleaning the decorative items.

      Delete
  5. I love this garden that is nestled in the city. It's most beautiful. I would love to spend the day here.

    Have a fabulous weekend Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandee, I am sure you would enjoy this garden.

      Delete
  6. The pavilion particularly catches my eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi William, it was very hot that day. I would have loved to go nearer to have a look inside the pavilion.

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ladyfi, yes it is. Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  8. Wow! What a gorgeous garden, Nancy!
    A Pavilion in the centre of the Lotus Pond and the impressive skyscrapers are really stunning!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Have a nice weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sonia, Thank you and have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  9. What a gorgeous garden in the city! Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  10. Breathless beauty. Thanks so much.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia, yes it is! Have a beautiful weekend!

      Delete
  11. So filled with information.. good that you put them here so that you can remember always!! hahahaa...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, in future when I come back to read about it, it will refresh my memory of my visit.

      Delete
  12. A great place to visit. Looks clean and wonderful.
    Enjoying your shots, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lina, one distinctive thing we noticed about Hong Kong is the cleanliness.

      Delete
  13. a lovely garden. But you almost wish for them to take away the skyscrapers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The skyscrapers will be a constant reminder for us to appreciate this lovely garden. Thank you for your visit and comments.

      Delete
  14. Some shots are really nice! The buildings do look a bit 'new'.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful garden. I have been there once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mun, I wouldn't mind visiting the place again, very well maintained.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...