Thursday 16 July 2015

Breakfast At Ngau Tau Kok Market, Hong Kong

Hong Kong, Day 3 - Breakfast.

After we have taken a walk around the market, we made our way to the food centre for our breakfast. According to Pete and also some of my friends who have been there before, good and tasty food can be found here in the market.
Approaching the entrance to the cooked food centre via the connecting walkway.

Too many choices especially for first timers.

Everything looks good...

Everything also want to try...

Fried wheat crullers.

Roast meat.

First, we need to find a place to seat down.

A place near to the stalls where we ordered our food.

A glass of hot coffee.

A glass of iced lemon tea and a glass of iced tea with milk.

Pork chop and sausage noodle in soup.

Butter on toast bread.

Fish slices, century egg and peanut porridge (2 bowls).

Loaded with fish slices, century egg and peanuts.

Minced meat and peanut porridge (1 bowl).

Porridge consisting of peanuts, seafood slices, etc. I can't remember all the ingredients, but I can say this was the most tasty porridge compared to all the others. Very delicious and sweet (2 bowls).

A bowl of wanton to be shared.

Minced meat filling of big sized wanton.

Simple fried noodle with bean sprout, vegetarian style, to be shared.

A plate of dried shrimp Chee Cheong Fun, to be shared.

That was our breakfast for 7 people.

Walking on a connecting walkway.

Just passing by. On our way to meet up with our friends for a trip to Macau.

Linking to Good Fences.

Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit.
You must test them to see if the Spirit they have comes from God.
For there are many false prophets in the world.
(1 John 4:1, New Living Translation-NLT)

47 comments:

  1. Everything looks so great. Really spoilt for choice. It's good idea to order varieties to be shared among all so that can taste everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharing enables us to be able to taste more varieties.

      Delete
  2. Nice....esp the century egg porridge...yummy. Csnt wait for your Macau post. Thanks for sharing Nan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, that's a sumptuous breakfast. I like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phong Hong, very good and yummy breakfast, we love the porridge!

      Delete
  4. The pork is the best option for me..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pork & sausage noodle also very tasty.

      Delete
  5. Such a good idea to share all the different varieties of food, it all looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Again I can't help but notice the variety for breakfast. Our breakfast is so very different than the one your are feasting on. Those cooks must have to start work very early to prepare this grteat variety of food.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia, the cooks normally will have to start very early to prepare the food.

      Delete
  7. Hello Nancy, interesting food choices for breakfast. It does look yummy! Thanks for sharing, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much food to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On my own I wouldn't know what to choose.

      Delete
  9. i always stand there with 'too many choices' at a new place, too. :)

    LOVE the huge pillars with writing on them for a gate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Took the picture of pillars even though I do not know the meaning of the writing.

      Delete
  10. I love to eat at new places but always prefer that someone has recommended it to me.
    Thanks for sharing this interesting food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Without recommendation we may end up with some food we may not like.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Its very busy. At peak time not easy to get a table.

      Delete
  12. You're taking me back 30 years... the food hasn't changed at all. I'm hungry now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know that this place remains the same all this years.

      Delete
  13. I'm having my morning coffee Nancy and breakfast is just around the corner. Yours looks much better than mine is going to be. You really did do your vacation up right.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandee. Thanks to our host Pete who knows what food to recommend to us.

      Delete
  14. Amazing food. Some very interesting and I'm not sure that I would want to eat but must of them I'd like to try and others I know I want to eat, especially Fried Noodle with Bean Sprout, Pork chop and sausage noodle in soup & A plate of dried shrimp. Yum, Yum, Yum.
    Have a fantastic day Nancy. See ya.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paul. I am sure you would love both the noodles. A fantastic day to you too.

      Delete
  15. So many interesting food choices for breakfast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, these are only just a few that we can manage to eat...Lol!

      Delete
  16. I like the look of the chee cheong fun. Looks really tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Mun. The chee cheong fun is really good and tasty!

      Delete
  17. Dried shrimp chee cheong fun looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Much more different things than I usually see for breakfast, looks very good!
    ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were spoilt for choice. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  19. Porridege, noodles and dimsum. Perfect for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the impressive variety of Asian food places!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our Asian food also has varieties of flavour and tastes.

      Delete
  21. a perfect breakfast.. You always share amazing photos of yummy food.. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shahneela. Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  22. What an interesting place to eat. I must say it is very different from what we eat for breakfast. I'm not sure I'd try some of the food as it's so different from what I'm use to eating and I'm not the adventureous type. It's good that they have such a wide variety though. The Cruller would be my choice or the noodles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crullers and noodles are the safest to try. There are many more choices which I think you will like too.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...