Tuesday 14 August 2018

Thai Style Steamed Fish With Lime For Dinner.

We enjoyed the Thai Style Lemon Steamed Fish at a restaurant, so naturally, I wanted to try something like what we had at the restaurant. The recipe looks simple with the common basic ingredients that we normally have available in the house or in my garden. The only thing I need is a fresh fish for steaming.
The nearby mini market had only one type of fish for steaming. Too lazy to drive to the market so I bought this fish. I don't know the name of this fish. As you can see, there was an excess of liquid. But it was a very appetizing savoury dish.
Found some leftover French beans in the fridge.
So we had French beans and egg omelette.
2 simple homemade dishes for our dinner.
The steamed fish with lime was a great dish for hot days like this.
Spotted a Charlie Chaplin on a pillar in town.
Had to stop to take a picture of him.


Your throne is founded on two strong pillars -
the one is Justice and the other Righteousness.
Mercy and Truth walk before you as your attendants.
Blessed are those who hear the joyful blast of the trumpet,
for they shall walk in the light of your presence.
(Psalm 89:14-15, The Living Bible-TLB)

43 comments:

  1. I love the Chaplin pillar! And great pillar verse to go with it! Your dishes look filling and comforting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny! I used to be a fan of Chaplin!

      Delete
  2. Haha. The Charlie Chaplin's pillar is interesting. I would stop and take photo too.

    I love steamed fish. Fresh and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am always the person walking behind because I will be delay when I stopped to take photos.

      Delete
  3. Looks delish.
    Hey thanks for sharing that bean omelette...
    didn't know I can make an omelette out of that.
    I'll be trying it out soon.

    Ann
    https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Healthy dinner and loved the beans-egg omelette combo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bean egg omelette is very common and almost everyone loves it.

      Delete
  5. The two dishes of fish and omelette are some of my favourite dishes. So delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even my hubby who is choosy about fish enjoyed this steamed fish.

      Delete
  6. Wow you can cook restaurant style steamed fish! I like your two dishes. Enough for a satisfying dinner for two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Phong Hong, you will do better than me. Next time, I must try to reduce the liquid. Lol!

      Delete
  7. ...Charlie Chaplin has become an iconic symbol. he is recognized easily. Thanks Nancy for stopping by, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, the stemaed fish and rice look yummy. I love the Charlie Chaplin mural. Enjoy your day and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like steamed fish but I can just imagine my husband's face, he's not a real fish eater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just like my hubby! But surprisingly, he enjoyed this particular steamed fish maybe because of the Thai style with lime added.

      Delete
  10. Good morning Nancy. I'm not sure that I can eat looking at the entire fish. Pieces of fish yes. I guess it's just the life where I'm at. Have a great day. See ya.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand that many are not used to seeing the whole fish. Over here it is a very common way of serving fish whole with the head and tail intact.

      Delete
  11. Can see that it is really a hot day wirh the bright blue sky and little clouds

    So did you shake hands with charlie? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today's temperature reached 34 deg C! No, I didn't get to shake hand with Charlie but he was willing to pose for my camera! Lol!

      Delete
  12. Buenas fotografías Nancy. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummy. I love Thai food. Wait, I just love food.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks so good! You are a great cook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi! As long as there is no complain about my cooking. Lol!

      Delete
  15. Charlie Chaplin painting is really interesting . Please tell something about my capture on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...