Friday 10 August 2018

Sweet Potato Leaves & White Brinjals From Our Garden.

One evening I felt like cooking a simple dinner. I checked the fridge and saw the bottle of sambal belacan (spicy dried shrimp paste). Then I went to the garden to check if there is anything that I can harvest for the dinner.

I managed to harvest some tender sweet potato leaves and three white brinjals. These should be enough for two person. It was a meatless dinner except for the dried shrimp sambal paste and the egg omelette. Anyway it was too late to defrost the frozen meat. It was a very warm day, so I boiled plain porridge.
 Sweet potato leaves from my garden.
 3 white brinjals from my garden.
I blanched the sweet potato leaves and steamed the white brinjals. I peeled the skin off the white brinjals and topped the dish with the sambal paste.
I need to use up the chives given to me by a friend (from her garden), so I made omelette with the chives. 
 I had a bottle of preserved salted radish which I accidentally opened a few days ago. Just nice to go with the plain porridge.
A simple dinner for 2 people.
*     *     *     *     *
The following photos are for joining Good Fences & Skywatch Friday.
 Managed to take snapshots of this fence as we passed by.
 The following sky shots series were all taken in the same morning at the recreational park.
 #1 - Taken at 6.55 am
 #2 - same as above
 #3 - same as above
 #4 - 7.07 am
 #5 - 7.08 am
 #6 - same as above
 #7 - same as above
 #8 - 7.09 am.
 #9 - 7.11 am
 #10 - 7.14 am
 #11 - 7.16 am
#12 - 7.24 am


I see God moving across the deserts from Mount Sinai.
His brilliant splendor fills the earth and sky;
his glory fills the heavens, and the earth is full of his praise!
What a wonderful God he is!
(Habakkuk 3:3, The Living Bible-TLB)

52 comments:

  1. I like the simple meal you prepared at home. I bet it is so delicious because it's homemade with love:) Happy weekend Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Annie! It is delicious for the ones eating! Have a happy weekend too!

      Delete
  2. wow my mouth is watering terribly! That sweet potato leaves and white eggplants dish looks so very good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie! Waiting for another batch of eggplant to harvest for our dinner!

      Delete
  3. Your simple dinner turned out very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. must feel good eating home grown vegetables. well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun! Yes, very satisfying and rewarding.

      Delete
  5. Fabulous skies! And lovely food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...dinner looks good and what a sunrise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden is such a blessing to you...
    not only you get to enjoy some time gardening
    you also get to eat fresh foods.

    Ann
    https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Nancy, I love your sky and pretty tree silhouettes. Lovely series of photos. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen! Have a happy weekend too!

      Delete
  9. Simple yet delicious meal, all the dishes i like, i love all the sky shots, such a lovely sky, have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the fence. I would like a fence like that one. My fence is 26 years old and it's falling down. I have a guy coming in next week to start fixing it up along with parts of my deck. See ya Nancy.


    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paul! Looking forward to see your new fence and deck! Have a happy weekend!

      Delete
  11. I enjoyed seeing your home cooking. Many of the ingredients are new to me so it was very interesting to find out what you did with them. The fence looks very solid and the early morning sky is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous sky shots! I know it takes a really good cook to just make up dishes as she goes along. It all looks so good, and very filling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny! I prefer simple cooking as long as it is tasty.

      Delete
  13. I think your dinner looks fabulous. I'm sure it was wonderful.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee! Yes, it was a wonderful dinner.

      Delete
  14. The fence design is quite different to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It may have been a simple meal but it certainly looked tasty, particularly the omelette. Great sky shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mamas! I love chives and egg omelette!

      Delete
  16. Your dinner looks lovely. I'm sure it made a nice change from eating out. The sky photos are amazing too Nancy. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joyful! Whenever I am not lazy, I will do some homecook meals.

      Delete
  17. We have a native sweet potato called kumara - I will need to look into whether I could use the leaves the same way. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carole! Yes, it is better to make sure before consuming them.

      Delete
  18. Great home cooked meal, really interesting fence, and beautiful skies!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like your simple meal for two. Sambal makes everything taste good. As a child I used to love those pickled radishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pickled radishes makes the bland porridge takes good and I love the crunchiness.

      Delete
  20. Love your simple dinner. From garden to your table. I love home-cooked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love home cooked but just that these days I can be very lazy. Ha ha ha.

      Delete
  21. I love sweet potato leaves but sadly my husband is not so keen! We have massesin the garden at present. Take care, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane! You take care too and have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  22. A beautiful series of sunrise shots! Interesting fence... looks like something you might see around a log cabin!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Has been a while since I had preserved salted radish, indeed it goes well with porridge...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Me ha encantado tu cena. Un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Interesting fence design and wonderful skywatch series!

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...