Thursday 27 February 2020

Dinner At Restoran Weng Kee, Ipoh

Last Morning evening, we met up with friends for dinner in Ipoh Garden. We chose Restoran Weng Kee in Ipoh Garden South. We reached before 6 pm and most of the tables were reserved. We didn't make any reservation but were directed to a table for the 4 of us. 
 My friend recommended this "Kapitan Chicken" and she was right, it was good.
 Taro with dried prawns, cooked till really soft.
 Soft and silky tofu with fresh mushrooms.
 Water spinach (kangkong) with shrimp paste (belacan).
I finished this small portion of rice because I was hungry that evening.

But the spiritual man has insight into everything,
and that bothers and baffles the man of the world,
who can't understand him at all. How could he?
For certainly he has never been one to know the Lord's thoughts,
or to discuss them with him, or to move the hands of God by prayer.
But, strange as it seems, we Christians actually do have within us
a portion of the very thoughts and mind of Christ.
(1 Corinthians 2:15-16, The Living Bible-TLB)

51 comments:

  1. 'Kapitan Chicken' looks nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Nancy, the only thing that I recognize is the rice! I hope that you are enjoying your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try the kapitan chicken and taro with prawns which i have never eaten before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The food looks nice.
    Wonder how hot the curry is in the chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  5. delicious dishes! all are my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This dinner meal is quite reasonable actually... wouldn't mind going again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Kapitan Chicken does look very good. Interesting that it was garnished with mint and I bet that enhanced the aroma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, PH. I wouldn't mind if they put more mint leaves.

      Delete
  8. Such a mouthwatering meal!I want to taste some of the creamy taro!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It Looks very nice and I like the bowl od Rice ;) i would Like to have own Restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kapitan Chicken is the best! It's looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Uwielbiam dania z kurczaka . Takie spotkania z przyjaciółmi są wspaniałe:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The tofu with mushrooms look especially lovely, fresh and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Estupenda comida. Feliz tarde.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I made some good yellowfin tuna the other day. Soaked it in teriyaki overnight, then to cook it I layed it on a bed of pineapple, added garlic powder over the fish, then put slices of peaches on top of the fish. I covered it with foil and baked it at 350 for about 1/2 hour. Was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my what a feast. You and your hubby eat so very well.

    Have a fabulous day, my friend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. I notice that shrimp paste is mentioned in the food you photograph. Sounds like an interesting way to season food.

    ReplyDelete
  17. kangkung belacan must eat with rice.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think you have such good friends and have fun with them...that is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have such good meals with your friends, i am glad you got a table with the restaurant so full.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Once again your food looks very tasty. This morning I woke up to see 6 inches of snow. I bet you didn't? LOL

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't get snow. 6 inches is a lot of snow.

      Delete
  21. The kapitan chicken does look very good.

    ReplyDelete
  22. nice views and delicious foods....yummy

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...