Monday 17 February 2020

Sharing Home Cooked Dinner With Friends

I have a few more items to clear from my fridge, so instead of eating out with friends, we decided to cook simple dinner. We decided on a 3 dishes dinner. I cooked 2 dishes and my friend cooked 1 dish.
 Stuffed fresh shiitake mushrooms with fish and prawn paste. For garnishing, I added steamed gingko nuts, soy sauce and oyster sauce.
Home grown red ladies fingers and long beans cooked with prawns and chopped fresh mushroom stalks.
 Vegetarian dish cooked by our friend. 
 Our dinner without rice for 4 people.
After dinner, we cleared and washed up while the men watched TV.
Then we went over to the nearby food court to have some chilled dessert.

When you remove dross from silver,
you have sterling ready for the silversmith.
When you remove corrupt men from the king's court,
his reign will be just and fair.
(Proverbs 25:4-5, The Living Bible-TLB)

38 comments:

  1. It is always nice to eat with friends...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful homemade meal! Those stuffed mushrooms are looking really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a feast. Wow. I want to come to your home for dinner.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very interesting dinner and of course, yes dessert. LOL Have a wonderful day Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...I'll start with dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious foods 😊 thanks for your sharing 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. Taka pyszna kolacja w domu to prawdziwa przyjemność:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so yummy darling
    Great food for share
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoy looking at your food photos, as they give me ideas on how to cook something new.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shiitake mushrooms are supposed to be good for the memory! I eat them often but not convinced it helps :-) Have a good week, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that they are good for memory. We love shiitake mushrooms.

      Delete
  11. Your food looks delicious and varied. It's good that you can use the ingredients of beans and ladies fingers that you grew in your home. It's nice to share such dishes with friends and then go and enjoy chilled desserts and a cool drink. Have a lovely week Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful life! Tasty home cooked dinner followed by desserts outside. I love your dish 1 of stuffed mushrooms. Simply delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. This is my first time making this dish. Fresh ones are good for steaming and taste better than the dried ones.

      Delete
  13. Always lovely to have friends come join you for a meal.
    The sweets do look interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. I will be cooking dinner soon.

      Delete
  15. Stuffed mushrooms must be very tasty. So nice to share homecooked meals with your friends and then have desserts outside. I want tis kind of life after i retired :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you will also be able to enjoy this kind of life or even better.

      Delete
  16. Your first dish looks very presentable indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Muy buena comida y más con amigos. Besos.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...