Wednesday 30 September 2020

Soy Sauce Prawns, Steamed Lala & Home Grown Vegetables

On this particular morning, we went for our morning walk. After we had walked enough, we walked home without taking any breakfast because we had breakfast appointment with our friends. We went home, took a shower and drove to our friend's house.

Sunrise at 7:30 am.
On the way out, we stopped to buy some roast pork for breakfast.
That morning, we tried something new. Hubby and I shared this bowl of noodle that tasted like lor mee and they served it with black vinegar.
Later in the morning, I bought some langsat (local fruit) from a roadside stall in my area.
That morning, I harvested the above white brinjals from my garden.
~~~~~
That evening, I had friends over for a home cooked dinner.
Steamed home grown white brinjals, sprinkled with garlic oil and drizzled with oyster and soy sauce.
Sauteed broccoli with some minced pork and garlic.
Soy sauce prawns with spring onion and chives. Our friend contributed these big prawns bought from the evening market.
Lala or clams cooked Thai style which is sweet, sour and spicy. Every complained that they couldn't get enough of the appetizing broth.
Delicious and satisfying no rice dinner for 4 people.
This mural was painted on the wall surrounding a school in my area.  The mural depicts a classroom scene. A teacher teaching the students in a classroom.


If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well.
If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching.
(Romans 12:7, The Living Bible-TLB)

51 comments:

  1. Oh my, the food looks amazing.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...you sure have a wonderful selection today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Sunrise is very beautiful. This delicious and satisfying dinner for 4 people but I would need dark rice. Have a great day Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very tasty seafood dishes. Do you buried the shells of the prawns in your garden or throw them away?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I throw the shells away because I don't want to attract more ants to my garden.

      Delete
  5. I have never Heard brinjals... Thanks for your sharing 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a wonderful break up of the day and a beautiful mural depicting the classroom! Great harvest and cooking with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely mural. The noodle dish looks like it has chicken in it, looks SO good!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those white brinjals are amazing. From your own garden to dinner table...absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You prepared such a beautiful, delicious dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So delicious food. I love broccoli :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The food looks good. I googled brinjal and see they are the same as our aubergines, except they are usually dark purple. The white ones are usually round like a small football.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So yummy!Im hungry now!Great post dear!
    xoxo
    beautyqueen000.blogspot.rs

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a superb dinner indeed. The lala, prawns and brinjal look especially good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The food does look good and I love broccoli.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The noodle reminded me of shark fin soup when you added some black vinegar to it. Lol.

    I love lala but seldom take it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it also tasted something like shark fin soup.

      Delete
  16. Soy sauce prawns sound wonderful! I also love that picture of the mural.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, i must say this would be one of the best meals with prawns and lala!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My grandson said you have some strange looking food

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It true, because our food is so different from yours.

      Delete
  19. Look at all those clams. I like them with the fish.

    ReplyDelete
  20. There's not much that tastes better than home grown veggies!
    Nice mural you captured.

    It's great to see you at 'My Corner of the World' this week!! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  21. La comida se ve muy buena, el brócoli me encanta. Besos.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...