Friday 17 September 2021

Cockscomb Flowers & Golden Sunset

This was about a week ago. While hubby went out to buy fried noodle (koay teow & yellow noodle), I stayed home to make coffee.

Fried noodle with egg and prawns for hubby while I ate toast with marmalade.
That morning, the fried noodle boss was in good mood. He put in 6 big prawns for hubby and charged him RM5.50 only.
Cockscomb flowers in front of my house.
These are all self-propagated.
When the flowers get big and heavy, I have to find ways to support the plants from bending over.
Some of the seeds have started to fall and small seedlings are already growing under these big plants.
I went out to buy some grocery and went to this stall to buy 4 pieces of yam bean fritters for lunch.
Saw a stall selling longkong, duku, etc. Couldn't resist, went to check.
Longkong sold for RM7 per kg.
The above is RM10. There were fresh and not so sweet.
After keeping for 1 day, they tasted so much sweeter.
For dinner, I heated up another portion of stewed duck with lotus root. I cooked home grown angled luffa and okra with dried shrimp and egg. By the time I washed up after dinner, it was about 7pm.
Golden sunset at 7:05pm
Very seldom we get to see such beautiful golden sunset.
We even have golden clouds.
The reverse side was totally different.
Looks like it might rain later in the night.

Praise the Lord, O heavens! Praise him from the skies!
Praise him, all his angels, all the armies of heaven.
Praise him, sun and moon and all you twinkling stars.
Praise him, skies above. Praise him, vapors high above the clouds.
Let everything he has made give praise to him.
For he issued his command, and they came into being;
he established them forever and forever.
His orders will never be revoked.
(Psalm 148:1-6, The Living Bible-TLB)

77 comments:

  1. It is a gorgeous golden sky. And you have so many brilliant Cockscombs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pics. Love the fritters.
    I love long kong, it is called lanzones in our country.
    We have a long kong tree in our backyard.

    Ann
    https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful to have your own longkong tree in your garden. You can eat to your satisfaction.

      Delete
  3. Those Cockscomb flowers are so bright and beautiful! Great shots of sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers!!! And the fritters look really good.
    You have the most exotic foods! Lotus root? Is that sweet? Luffa?
    I won´t google it, I don´t get it here anyway...
    Beautiful evening shot, too - happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Iris. Lotus root is a root vegetable, slightly sweet when raw but we usually cook it in soup. Luffa is a kind of gourd. Have a happy weekend.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful coloured flower and just an awesome sunset, the colours, amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photos and food. Love those marvellous flowers. Have a great day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your front garden is a dream in pink! So beautiful. The sunsets are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had toast and marmalade the other day for the first time in years. I had forgotten how good it tastes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind having toast and marmalade often but hubby is not a bread person.

      Delete
  9. 6 big prawns for RM5.50 only is so cheap. Here, around RM6.00, will need a magnifying glass to see the prawns, if any!!! The cockscomb flowers are so beautiful, very unique. I don't think I've seen them here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing.

    Abdel | Infinitely Posh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those flowers are so so beautiful and I love your photos of the sunset
    Julia x
    https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great scripture you end your post with. And right before that the beautiful golden sky photos. I have never seen a coxcomb plant before!
    And your food looks great.
    Thanks for persevering in getting to my blog. I had some problems a while back because of the safety settings on my site. I worked with my hosting company and I got a https prefix and that seemed to work. There are other people, not you, who I have sometimes getting to. The internet is still a mysterious place in a lot of ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yogi. It still is takes a long time for your website to open up. Hopefully, the problem will be solved soon. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  13. Nancy, you make me smile each day. Our worlds are totally different yet the same. Continue to enjoy your day with love and caring for you and your husband.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  14. Greetings and Salutations! I don't believe I have ever seen a coxcomb plant either. It is glorious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your colorful flowers! And those fritters look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the sunset. Love the beautiful flowers and you know how much I love your food. Yummy.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love to eat luffas a lot cos they are soft and tasty. My mom used to buy cockscomb flowers to pray to Ti Gong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I didn't know that cockscomb flowers are sold for prayers. Something we don't see here in the markets or at the flower shops.

      Delete
  18. The flowers are lovely! Especially the colour. The Duck stew must be more flavourful after being stored for a while, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, overnight stew is always more flavourful.

      Delete
  19. Love the golden earth tones of the sky, so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't think I've ever see, or heard of, Cockscomb flowers. They're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The flowers are so pretty, and i like the idea of yam bean fritters. Thanks for sharing your beautiful skies with us!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your food looks so different then mine.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely flowered plants you have. I enjoy seeing yours online. Such a good scriptures you shared. Frrking blessed by reading it. We finally got rain thus weekend. Much needed. Thank you Jesus!! Have a good week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Grandma Beckyl. Glad that you finally had rain. Have a good week too.

      Delete
  24. Yummy food, and colorful flower! Love the sky as well.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've been feasting on longkong too - err same thing as 'dokong' I assume.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stunning Golden sunset , lovely cockscomb blooms. Thanks for joining in Garden affair.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...