Wednesday 21 December 2022

Cooking Bottle Gourd With Dried Shrimp & Minced Meat

We were just about to get out of the house for morning walk when we heard raindrops on our awning roof.

Morning walk was cancelled and we drove out looking for breakfast.
~~~~~
Breakfast at Restoran Meng Meng Kee, Laluan Perusahaan Menglembu 1, Falim.
From the prawn noodle stall, I ordered a bowl of lor mee and request for mixed broth so that it will not be too thick. I didn't take photo of hubby's breakfast because I was busy eating.
Peace lily from my garden.
Harvest some chilies. Prior to these, most of the chilies were rotten because of too much rain. Glad to harvest some good chilies.
Also harvested the above bottle gourds. Gave away 2 and kept 1 for dinner.
With the 1 bottle gourd, I peeled off the skin. Instead of cooking soup, I want to cook differently and cut the gourd into strips. I cooked it with minced garlic, minced meat, pre-soaked dried shrimps and a few slices of ginger. It was quite a big plate so I didn't cook anything else. It was a 1 dish dinner with steamed brown rice.


So stop evaluating Christians by what the world thinks about them
or by what they seem to be like on the outside.
Once I mistakenly thought of Christ that way,
merely as a human being like myself.
How differently I feel now.
(2 Corinthians 5:16, The Living Bible-TLB)

32 comments:

  1. Nice harvest. I love bottle gourd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These days the gourds are fewer and smaller now.

      Delete
  2. The gourds cooked with dried shrimps are delights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a colorful harvest of chilies. They must be spicy hot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We also cook another type of gourd like this too, right, also green colour one? We're not a fan of the dish so we never buy the (fat-bottomed) gourd to cook and eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After having tasted this bottle gourd, I find that it tastes sweeter than the mo kwa or hairy melon which is more common.

      Delete
  5. ...I love the peace lily! Peace be with you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom. Peace be with you and yours too.

      Delete
  6. Such a great harvest! I miss bottle gourd too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your food looks delicious and nutritious. Love that lily. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy on the food. I would love that dish. I've never had gourd before, but I'd love to try.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is the bottle gourd the one that, when dried, is used as a sponge for bathing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This gourd when dried can be used to hold water.

      Delete
  10. Lovely food as always. Today I went out for dinner with a friend and forgot to take photos! But it was delicious! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie. Always good to enjoy a meal in the company of friends.

      Delete
  11. Nice to see your harvest. Beautiful peace lily flower and food looks delicious too...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rico fideos, y linda flor. Te mando un beso. https://enamoradadelasletras.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful harvest of chillies there.
    I never order mixed broths as I don't know how the finished product will end up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy. The lor mee broth will be diluted but still tastes good.

      Delete
  14. I loved natural shots :) thanks for your sharing Nancy ...

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...