Thursday 29 December 2022

Fish Noodle, Pork Noodle & Roasted Duck Rice

After about 4 days without rain, I get to get some sunrise clicks yesterday morning. 

7:10am - starting out on our morning walk.
7:16am.
For yesterday's breakfast, I ordered grouper fish meat with rice vermicelli. Normally, this fish noodle will come with salted sour vegetable which I enjoy very much. Since I am not suppose to take sour food, I asked to omit the salted sour vegetable.The fish is fresh and the soup is sweet.
Looking east, this was yesterday's evening sky at 7:30pm.
Looking west, this is the sky at 7:30pm.
~~~~~
Today's breakfast after morning walk.
I ordered pork noodle and I requested for wheat flour (mee sua).
~~~~~
I am feeling much, much better today and I have the energy and mood to do some tidying of the outside garden.
This is my one and only bougainvillea plant and it does need some trimming. This is an old photo and it has grown into a bush. Initially, I thought of just giving a trim to make it a bit like a mushroom top. But after I started to trim, I found that underneath the leaves were a lot of dead and rotten twigs. So I started to remove and clear all the dead twig and the end result is a bald top for my bougainvillea plant. Lol!
The trunk has shown sign of rot due to the rainy season and hopefully by removing all the leaves and branches, the sun will put a stop to the rot. Bougainvillea is a sturdy plant and I hope new branches will appear soon.
After all the hard work, we went to Restoran Tuck Kee to buy roasted duck rice for lunch. I asked for breast meat rice @ RM7. I wanted to order for Chinese New Year and was told that the new price list for 2023 will only be out in January.

Turn from all known sin and spend your time in doing good.
Try to live in peace with everyone; work hard at it.
(Psalm 34:14, The Living Bible-TLB)

31 comments:

  1. Oooo... so much grouper fish! Looks good, not like the one here. Just 3 or 4 slices, drowned in a whole lot of soup...and SO expensive, almost RM20.00!!! How much was yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, there are only 3-4 pieces but thick pieces. It costs only RM10.

      Delete
  2. So yummy :D Very cool ! Have a great 2023!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kinga. Happy New Year 2023 to you and yours.

      Delete
  3. The roasted duck rice looks mouthwatering. I hope the price in 2023 wouldn't be too ridiculously high.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie. I hope so too. The prices of everything is going up.

      Delete
  4. ...I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom. Hope my appetite be get back to normal soon.

      Delete
  5. Bunga bugenvil ungu nya sangat cantik...nasi bebek terlihat sangat lezat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Around here the bougainvillea is known by the name of trinitaria or Santa Rita.
    Trinitaria means three and the plant has three bracts (colored leaves) that cover the true flower, which is white and tiny, the bracts can be pink, fuchsia, white, orange and I think they also occur in purple . They have medicinal use, it is used mainly in cases of respiratory conditions such as cough, asthma, bronchitis and flu. It also works for constipation and fever. For its treatment, the flowers and bracts are used, it is boiled and the infusion is administered orally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Norma for sharing interesting information on bougainvillea. Over here it is mostly grown as a garden plant.

      Delete
  7. I'm glad you're feeling better, Nancy. You know how I love your food.

    Have a fabulous day and rest of the week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Knowing you, this plant will come back and look beautiful in no time. I love noodles, and all the dshes look so good. Has it been hard to stick to this diet? Is it helping?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. I am hoping the plant will recover in no time. As for me, the bland and soft diet has help and I am on the road to recovery. Thank you for your concern.

      Delete
  9. Lindas plantas. Me dio ganas del fideo. https://enamoradadelasletras.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ka oropaganda para ganar dinero te arruina el blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love such vermicelli soup. Used to go to one shop with my mum for this but long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my comfort noodle soup whenever I am not feeling well.

      Delete
  12. Thank you Nancy. Good to hear you are feeling better. Love your grouper fish Mee Hoon. Makes me feel like eating it too. Bunga kertas is hardy so hopefully the rot would be stopped by the sun. Will you be checking on it often?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. I will be checking on it daily when I water my plants every morning.

      Delete
  13. I do hope you feel better and can eat your usual foods soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. I am almost back to normal.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...