Monday 30 January 2023

Edibles Growing In My Garden

These days, I have not been out for foodie hunt so today, I will share about the edibles growing in my garden.

Bitter Lettuce.
I got the seeds from a friend.
From the first sowing of seeds, only 2 seedlings sprouted successfully.
I thought the success rate was low, so I sowed all the remaining seeds and these sprouted. These are now grown in the veggie patch in front of my house next to my neighbour's.
Corn plants in the front veggie patch.
I have 4 yam beans growing in black plastic bags in the front garden. Hope there is something for me to harvest in the near future.
Skinny cauliflower plants.
Green brinjals.
Chili plants are still fruiting.
Snake long beans seedlings newly transferred to these big pots.
~~~~~
We found the following mural during our short trip to Penang in 2022.
Children flying kites.
This mural was painted on the side wall of a corner shop.

Linking to Monday Mural.

The rich man thinks of his wealth as an impregnable defense,
a high wall of safety. What a dreamer!
(Proverbs 18:11, The Living Bible-TLB)

34 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sometimes I get good harvest, sometimes not so good.

      Delete
  2. Wow, you are a truly green-fingered person. Hope you get lots of delicious veggies. The mural is very cute with the kids flying kites. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to plant your own corn if you have the seeds. The LIGO sweet corn is the best - RM2.00 for one here, raw/uncooked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Nancy. Your vegetable garden looks wonderful! Do you spend more than one hour daily on it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. My time in the garden is not fixed, depends on my mood.

      Delete
  5. I am truly impressed by what you grow - and that is such a wonderful mural!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are so many beautiful murals in your area. This is quite nice. Love it. Congrats on your thriving garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gigi. There are many more murals which I have not photographed.

      Delete
  7. ...I haven't flown a kit in years!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden is going to give you lots of satisfaction in the near future. Love that you planted in black plastic bags, too.

    That mural spoke to me. You probably don't know, Nancy, but I collect rocking horses of all sizes. I have nearly 500. This mural had me dancing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elizabeth. I would love to see your collection of rocking horses.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful plants and I love that mural. Beautiful.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nancy, in your mini garden nothing is missing! Every seed you put in the ground bears fruit! Have you tried planting potato tubers? Do it since in 4 months the crops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried twice but I didn't succeed but on the 2nd try, I found a small potato tuber in the soil. Maybe I will try a third time.

      Delete
  11. wow...your edible garden looks amazing! Love the mural too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your garden edibles look fantastic. Have a great week, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super ogród. Mural zachwycający. Miłego tygodnia😊


    ReplyDelete
  14. Bello jardín . Te mando un beso. https://enamoradadelasletras.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have a lovely garden! I like the mural, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your edible garden looks amazing! Love the mural too
    Julia x
    https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...