Sunday 25 June 2017

Lunch Gathering At Restoran Yum Yum, Greenhill Drive, Ipoh.

I was out with a friend on Friday morning to pay our bills, had breakfast together and came back home. Just as I was settling down with a glass of drink to relax, I received a message from another friend calling to meet for lunch in half an hour's time. Before I could reply the message, a call came through to make sure that I received the message. I told her that I will be at our meeting place on time.

Our lunch venue was Restoran Yum Yum at No. 5, Persiaran Greenhill, Ipoh. This restaurant serves Nyonya cuisine. It is not easy to find parking places at this location at peak lunch hours. We circled 2 rounds before we could find one, thankfully it was quite near to the restaurant.
While waiting for the others to join us, we ordered the dishes for our lunch.
As usual, I will be looking around for interesting things to take snapshots. I saw this colourful lamp just above our table.
This pretty kebaya top was framed and hung on the wall next to our table, There is another one next to this but I couldn't get a good view of it from where I was seated.
 The first dish to be served - Nyonya Braised Turnips With Shredded Cuttlefish (Ju Hu Char), small portion @ MYR 11.00 (approx. 2.57 USD).
 The Ju Hu Char and lettuce was served in the above boat shaped dish.
 This is Yum Yum Egg or Thai Egg topped with minced pork.
Small portion @ MYR 10.00 (approx. 2.33 USD).
 Lemongrass Chicken,
Small portion @ MYR 13.00 (approx. 3.03 USD)
 Fried Yum Yum Brinjal with Saltfish.
Small portion @ MYR 10.00 (approx. 2.33 USD). 
Sambal Ladies Fingers (topped with spicy prawn paste).
Small portion @ MYR 10.00 (approx. 2.33 USD)
 5 plates white rice.
Small portion - MYR 5.00 (approx. 0.23 USD)
Lunch for 5 people - MYR 64.00 (approx. 14.93 USD) incl. 6% GST.

If I take part in the meal with thankfulness,
why am I denounced because of something I thank God for?
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do,
do it all for the glory of God.
(1 Corinthians 10:30-31, New International Version-NIV)

52 comments:

  1. Everything looks so delicious! I love that egg dish with pork topping..so appetizing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie. The egg dish with pork topping tastes good!

      Delete
  2. Me is no thank you to ladies finger...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh problem, you can try the other dishes.

      Delete
  3. Looks you had a light yummy food! I get to know variety of foods though your blog which are quite strange.
    Pretty colourful lamp and elegant frame on the elaborate top

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeevan. These are Nyonya style of cooking.

      Delete
  4. It looks yummy ♥ Happy Sunday !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so amazed with the dishes that you find. The variety is wonderful though a little different from my point of view. I love going into your blog because it shows me the different types compared to my everyday food. Thanks Nancy. See ya.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paul. I am glad you find our food varieties interesting. You can find a rich blend of many types of delicious food in Malaysia.

      Delete
  6. Hello, the food looks delicious. I like the pretty lamp and top! Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen. I like the pretty lamp and top too!

      Delete
  7. Yum Yum is a great name for this place. Everything looked yum yum. I love your foodie posts.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The food at Yum Yum is really yummy! Have a fabulous day too!

      Delete
  8. Looks like a real feast! I hope you have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. It was a great lunch. Have a great day too!

      Delete
  9. I like the colourful lamp. Rm64 for 5 pax is a good price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. The portion are all small. Price quite reasonable.

      Delete
  10. The lemongrass chicken looks good, Lady Finger is one of my favourites, other than Brinjal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby. We both have the same liking.

      Delete
  11. Again a delicious meal !

    ReplyDelete
  12. ladies fingers sound delicious. Have a great week. Love from Poland

    ReplyDelete
  13. The food looks delicious. I love lemongrass chicken and your food photos. Very nice and have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bill. The lemongrass is really good. Have a wonderful day too!

      Delete
  14. ...the Ju Hu Char looks like art.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really interesting post! Thanks a lot for sharing)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely post dear! Have a great week! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beauty. Have a great week too!

      Delete
  17. Yum Yum is a good name for this place, the food looks divine! I adore the beautiful hanging lamp! The design reminds me of African Trade Beads. I would love one for my dining room. So what is the word Kebaya? The top is gorgeous. Looks a bit thin, perhaps something else is worn underneath. underneath...Perhaps for a wedding?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kebaya is a traditional blouse dress worn by woman in Indonesian, Malaysian, Burma, Thailand and some part of Cambodia made from sheer material and usually worn with a sarong, batik or other traditional clothing such a songket with a colorful motif. The top is thin and is worn over something else underneath.

      Delete
  18. It all looks delicious. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  19. You make me hungry with your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. The photos increase my appetite whenever I look at them.

      Delete
  20. That kebaya top is pretty--wondering if it was framed just cause it was so pretty or did it belong to someone famous?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. Both of your guesses could be correct.

      Delete
  21. Always such a wide variety of food. Loved the lamp and such a pretty top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mamas. Besides the food, the lamp and pretty top caught my attention!

      Delete
  22. I can see why that kebaya top would be framed.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Replies
    1. Thank you, Jo-Anne. Well known for its delicious food.

      Delete
  24. Have not been here for ages...looks like there's a slight revamp to their menu. Must come here to try again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Irene, thanks to my friends I was able to enjoy some of the nice dishes which I have not tasted before.

      Delete
  25. Ah this is my family's go-to destination when in Ipoh. Rather pricey though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as the quality and taste of the food is worth paying for. We can only afford to go once in a while. Lol!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...