Sunday 1 May 2016

Lunch, Snacks & Desserts In Menglembu.

Blessed Sunday!
Last Thursday, a friend stopped over at our house and we contacted another friend in Menglembu. Even in her busyness with her business, she set aside some time for us. So we picked her up from her office and went to Restoran Ma Chai, Menglembu for late lunch. It was about 3 pm in the afternoon. 
Here were our orders:- A plate of steamed rice flour flat noodle (chee cheong fun) with curry gravy. Some sambal belacan with mixed vegetables as add-on.
A deep fried chicken wing.
2 pieces of taro (yam) cake and 1 piece of white radish cake with some deep fried spicy chicken as add-on.
And additional piece of taro (yam) cake and deep fried spicy chicken as add-on. I love this flavorful spicy chicken. I find it very addictive. Besides these, we also ordered 2 bowls of pork porridge but no photos to show.
3 bowls of jelly with ice shavings with a sprinkling of sour plum. Very refreshing dessert with a sweet sourish taste.
And a glass of ice blended red bean sweet drink.
Restoran Ma Chai, 36, Jalan Pike, Menglembu, Perak.
After lunch, we came to this side stall. It is in one of the side lane which is off Jalan Besar, leading to the wet market.
According to my friend, this stall sells very tasty peanut pancake @ MYR 1 per piece.
See, a piece of piping hot pancake filled with lots of crushed peanuts and sugar.
A piece for me! I love pancake with loads of crushed peanuts.
Whenever we want some very refreshing ice cold sweet desserts, we will be at Kafe Diamond Kopitiam, Jalan Tranchell, Menglembu.
Some deep fried goodies (liew) in curry soup.
And last but not least, I want to share this cold dessert packed with vitamins with you. This will be very refreshing for a hot afternoon.
Mixed fruits cocktail with ice shaving. A bowl filled with juicy treasures.
Painting to do away with dull and boring shop shutter. Found this in Ipoh town.

And we are anxious that you keep right on loving others
as long as life lasts, so that you will get your full reward.
Then, knowing what lies ahead for you,
you won't become bored with being a Christian
nor become spiritually dull and indifferent,
but you will be anxious to follow the example of those
who receive all that God has promised them
because of their strong faith and patience.
(Hebrews 6:11-12, TLB)

40 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness what a feast you all had. How yummy and your photography is awesome.

    Have a fabulous day Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Most times we prefer snacks & desserts where we can enjoy more variety. Have a fantastic day!

      Delete
  2. I'll have my dessert first please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Tom. One mixed fruit cocktail coming your way!

      Delete
  3. That fresh fruit cocktail looks very yummy. Have a good week Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. That is my favourite dessert!

      Delete
  4. The food looks great, and I really love chicken wings! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. I love chicken wings too!

      Delete
  5. I like to eat this type of tai kau mean (the pancake).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Mun. Pancake with plenty of crushed peanuts etc.

      Delete
  6. A wonderful feast, I loved the look of the pancake with peanuts and the luxurious fruits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mamas. These two are enough for my lunch.

      Delete
  7. Nice selection!...thx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy I would like to try a piece of hot pancake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gosia, One hot pancake coming your way. Lol!

      Delete
  9. Everything looks delicious. I'd especially love to try all those colourful cold fruits. I've never seen anything like that dish before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joyful. The colourful cold fruits is a mixture of fresh fruits place on top of ice shavings with some sugar syrup. You will love it!

      Delete
  10. The sweets look delicious and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margaret. I wouldn't mind eating it again and again.

      Delete
  11. The mixed fruit cocktail is too good to resist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Irene. You are so right, especially on hot days like these.

      Delete
  12. Look like a hearty late lunch to me. I like that mixed fruits cocktail. Good on hot day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. Somehow we always ended up orderly too much. I am craving for the mixed fruits cocktail again! Lol!

      Delete
  13. Nancy, what a nice late lunch! I miss the pancake with peanuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phong Hong. I love the ones with lots of peanuts. Yums!

      Delete
  14. Looks like a really lovely place! Great post and thanks for sharing!


    Vildana from Living Like V & Stalia Is BAE

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks delicious and especial the cold dessert :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Birgitta. The cold dessert is really delicious!

      Delete
  16. Chee Cheong Fun is my all time favourite...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, then you will like this place. CCF with lots of accompanying dishes.

      Delete
  17. More delicious food. Yummy! The shaved ice is something I've never had but it looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Erika. I can never say no to the cold dessert.

      Delete
  18. I'm quite convinced you people eat ALL the time. :) Food all look good here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, Stacy. That is what most of my friends have been telling me.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...