Tuesday 17 May 2016

Thai Food For Lunch At GP Food Court, Taman Pertama, Ipoh.

We have not been to GP Food Court for quite a long while. It was last Saturday and hubby suggested going over to GP to look for something to fill our tummy for lunch. The nasi kandar stall was closed and our attention turned to the Thai food stall.

Saturday's lunch.
We are lovers of Spicy Sambal Petai (stinking beans). We ordered a plate to share.
The Thai stall where we ordered our Thai food.
 And we ordered a plate of Cuttlefish with spice peanut sauce from the stall next to the Thai stall.
*     *     *     *     *
Sunday's lunch.
We came back to the Thai stall again next day after church and we ordered a plate of Pineapply Fried Rice. It tasted quite plain. 
 This plate of Mango Salad or Mango Kerabu was very nice but a bit too sour for hubby. I was enjoying myself until I accidentally bit on the bird's eye chili and my mouth was on fire! 
 I quickly ordered this ice-cream to put out the fire in my mouth. A very convenient excuse. Lol!
~     ~     ~     ~     ~
An old treasure for joining Tom's Tuesday's Treasure.
The advertisement said - "Have a coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy!" This snapshot was taken at the Chang Jiang White Coffee Cafe, Ipoh.

Linking to Tuesday Treasures.

Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments,
because you know they produce quarrels.
And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome
but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.
Opponents must be gently instructed,
in the hope that God will grant them repentance
leading them to a knowledge of the truth,
and that they will come to their senses
and escape from the trap of the devil,
who has taken them captive to do his will.
(2 Timothy 2:23-26, New International Version-NIV)

40 comments:

  1. Not being a coffee drinker I should have this "Have a coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy" sign. I can do a bunch of stupid things without he help of coffee. Thanks Nancy for giving me a laugh this morning. Please stop back soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tom, I am a coffee drinker and I like this sign. Even without coffee, I too am liable to do some stupid things ha ha!

      Delete
  2. The ice cream is a mouth saver! Spicy thai food is too spicy for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mun, I was so thankful for the ice cream. Next time I have to look out for chili padi before I put the food in my mouth!

      Delete
  3. Have a coffee -poster is lovely & antique looking :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Riitta. It is an antique poster.

      Delete
  4. Humm que delicias gastronómicas.
    Um abraço e continuação de uma boa semana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Francisco. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  5. Great food as uaual the dessert looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the coffee advert.

    Drooling over the cuttlefish. Yum yum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun sign and interesting looking food!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The advert is hilarious! I don't drink coffee though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. I am a coffee drinker but have not reduced the intake.

      Delete
  9. I also would eat ice cream after the fire bell pepper in the mouth. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! The ice cream saved me from the fire in my mouth. Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  10. I love Thai food. I want to go.

    Love that sign.

    Have a fabulous day Nancy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the old poster and I certainly would want ice cream I am not good with food that is too spicy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mamas. I love spicy food but that bird's eye chili was too hot for me. Lol!

      Delete
  12. It must be wonderful to eat out as much as you do, Nancy, and to try different places and enjoy great company and good food. The food looks really good and I love the vintage sign in your last photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, it is much cheaper and more convenient to eat out for us. I love the vintage sign too!

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Oh yes, William. It also helped to put out the fire!

      Delete
  14. Everything looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great ad for coffee, love these old signs. I love chilli but biting on one can be a bit hot at times :-))))) Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. That was a very hot chili!

      Delete
  16. Replies
    1. Dear Ginny, so good of you to visit! I miss you and I have been thinking of you. Looking forward for updates from you. Have a beautiful day!

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. Ha ha Sharon, just like your coffee & chocolate cake make me drool too!

      Delete
  18. The Thai food looks fab! Looked twice at the pics and have to stop coz salivating dy hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy. I am always drawn to Thai food!

      Delete
  19. I am always game for Thai food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phong Hong, I am also game for Thai food! Have a wonderful day!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...