Monday 21 May 2018

Harvesting White Brinjals Or White Eggplants From My Garden

I have been wanting to publish this post but somehow it got shelved again and again. Today, finally I am able to publish this post about my white brinjals! I can't remember exactly when I bought a packet of white brinjal seeds from the plant nursery.
Pic #1
Brinjals harvested from my garden.

The misplaced packet of seeds was found and I sowed the seeds. I also sowed other seeds including the purple brinjals in different containers. Some sprouted and none from the brinjal seeds. Days passed and I thought that both the white and purple brinjal seeds have expired and couldn't sprout.
Pic #2
Much later, 2 seedlings sprouted but I wasn't sure from which. The seedlings have matured and started to fruit. I was very excited over the first sight of the brinjal fruit.
Pic #3
The brinjal flower and the first fruit.
Pic #4
Pic #5
Pic #6
Pic #7
I didn't keep track of the days but these 2 brinjals look good for harvest.
Pic #8
More brinjals appeared on the plants.
Pic #9
Both the plants are very fruitful.
Pic #10
At one time, I get to harvest about 2 to 3 brinjals, just enough for 1 meal.
Pic #11
Sometimes I get to harvest one 1 brinjal and some malabar spinach leaves.
Pic #12
Looking forward to grow more white brinjals in my garden.

How can men be wise?
The only way to begin is by reverence for God.
For growth in wisdom comes from obeying his laws.
Praise his name forever.
(Psalm 111:10, The Living Bible-TLB)

38 comments:

  1. You have an amazing green thumb, Nancy.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good you can eat fresh from your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brinjals are new to me. Amazing how nature works, where you can grow and harvest your own food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freshly harvested is always better but involves some work.

      Delete
  4. Lovely post dear! Have a great week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never seen them! How interesting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have white, purple, and even green brinjals.

      Delete
  6. ...is there anything that you don't grow?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never seen white eggplant before!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How do we know when to harvest??

    White eggplants. I never bought or tasted one as hardly could find it in the market. But my boy's tuition teacher did planted some. Small white eggplants. Now she chopped off the plants, maybe plant to plant new plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't keep track of the time. Not sure when exactly to harvest. Did some guessing work.

      Delete
  9. They must taste so good being fresh from the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tienen que estar deliciosas. Buena semana.

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous! love the step by step pictures..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had never seen white eggplants before!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your white brinjals look so healthy. They must be very tasty as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They look amazing, you are a very talented gardener.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mamas! Something new to learn with every new plant.

      Delete
  15. I have never had eggplant, no idea if I would like it or not

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have to taste it to know. Have a great day!

      Delete
  16. You're certainly gifted with plants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, William! I find gardening interesting and challenging!

      Delete
  17. The white brinjals are beautiful! I can imagine it is a challenge deciding whether it's time to harvest or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some timing were just right but some were too old.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...